Banshee On Ride Cameras

jtmorningview

I wouldn't mind having an option to buy all the ride videos and pictures, and have them directly sent to an email address....(for a reduced price of course.) I have often wanted to buy the onride pictures/videos but I don't want to cart them around all day or rent a locker to store them.

Don't some parks offer an all day photo/video option?

• Like 4

Disney does an entire resort stay for on ride and character photos. KI just started an all day photo option.

I know they did it in the past (or thought they did) that you could buy your on ride photo and they could send it to customer service or the keyhole photo booth... Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind having an option to buy all the ride videos and pictures, and have them directly sent to an email address....(for a reduced price of course.) I have often wanted to buy the onride pictures/videos but I don't want to cart them around all day or rent a locker to store them.

Just about a week ago Kings Island introduced the all-day photo pass. The photos are sent to your email and you can get unlimited free photos the rest of the day.

• Like 4

Just about a week ago Kings Island introduced the all-day photo pass. The photos are sent to your email and you can get unlimited free photos the rest of the day.

Yipee!!!! (avoiding a one word post....lol)

• Like 1

A few weeks ago, some Cat 5 was run in the station and out along the brake run. I went this evening and noticed that there are now wireless routers in the station and on some supports along the brake run.

Edit: You can tell that the conduit was added because it is not painted in the station.

Edited by mattaaron
  • Like 4

This is a really cool idea. Hopefully, it will lower the risk of people trying to take their own on ride photos.

• Like 1

Taking photos or video on rides can result in being ejected from the park and given a misdemeanor under O.R.C. 1711551. This information is stated in the Park Guide.

I looked this up out of curiosity to see if it was saftey related only so I thought I would share. What I did find really interesting/weird was that amusment park rides are goverened by the Department of Agriculture.

1711.551 Duties of riders.

(A) No rider shall fail to do any of the following:

(1) Heed all written warnings and directions that require a person to meet certain conditions or to refrain from certain actions regarding an amusement ride, as determined by rule by the director of agriculture;

(2) Refrain from behaving or acting in any manner that may cause injury or contribute to injuring himself or other people while occupying an amusement ride.

(B) The director, in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, shall adopt, and may amend and rescind, rules governing the types of warnings and directions required to be followed pursuant to this section. Rules adopted by the director determining the types of printed warnings and directions shall include specifications as to the character, size, and print size of such warnings and directions. At a minimum, the rules shall require the following:

(1) The warnings and directions prominently disclose the penalties imposed if a rider violates section 1711.551 of the Revised Code;

(2) The warnings and directions be based upon the standards of ASTM or the American national standards institute, or any other principles, tests, or standards of nationally recognized technical or scientific authorities that research the proper use of each amusement ride and the potential injuries that occur or are unique to each amusement ride if it is used improperly;

(3) The owner of the amusement ride display the warnings and directions in a public and conspicuous place on or near the ride.

• Like 1

Taking photos or video on rides can result in being ejected from the park and given a misdemeanor under O.R.C. 1711551. This information is stated in the Park Guide.

I looked this up out of curiosity to see if it was saftey related only so I thought I would share. What I did find really interesting/weird was that amusment park rides are goverened by the Department of Agriculture.

1711.551 Duties of riders.

(A) No rider shall fail to do any of the following:

(1) Heed all written warnings and directions that require a person to meet certain conditions or to refrain from certain actions regarding an amusement ride, as determined by rule by the director of agriculture;

(2) Refrain from behaving or acting in any manner that may cause injury or contribute to injuring himself or other people while occupying an amusement ride.

( B) The director, in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, shall adopt, and may amend and rescind, rules governing the types of warnings and directions required to be followed pursuant to this section. Rules adopted by the director determining the types of printed warnings and directions shall include specifications as to the character, size, and print size of such warnings and directions. At a minimum, the rules shall require the following:

The warnings and directions prominently disclose the penalties imposed if a rider violates section 1711.551 of the Revised Code;

The warnings and directions be based upon the standards of ASTM or the American national standards institute, or any other principles, tests, or standards of nationally recognized technical or scientific authorities that research the proper use of each amusement ride and the potential injuries that occur or are unique to each amusement ride if it is used improperly;

The owner of the amusement ride display the warnings and directions in a public and conspicuous place on or near the ride.

Yep. So essentially it says if you break any of the rules or instructions you're committing a crime. No on ride photography is one of them.

• Like 1

I just wish Kings Island would do a much better job with Cell Phones on rides. Cedar Point will stop the lift if they see a phone out and walk up and get it, not at Kings Island, they just make an announcement over the PA on the lift. Also not sure why riders are permitted to hold sovernier bottles while on a ride? I got splashed by someone's bottle the last time I was on Racer. I just hope no one ever gets hurts by someone who doesn't have loose articles secured.

• Like 5

Interestingly, and frighteningly, at Adventureland in Iowa, ALL loose articles MUST go with the rider on the coasters. NOTHING can be left in the station EXCEPT food or drink purchased in the park.

I've never seen such foolishness elsewhere, nor been as frightened. Handbags, phones, large game prizes...all rode the coasters, all carried in riders' hands and arms. It was terrifying, and ridiculous. I didn't stay long.

• Like 3

Part of me thinks the reason why Ride Operators do not climb up the lifts at Kings Island to retrieve phones is most of Kings Island's Ride Operators are minors and unlike Cedar Point Ride Operators are 18 or older. But back when I worked at Kings Island 1999 - 2001 minors even though I wasn't one back then were permitted to climb the lifts, so I have no idea if policy was changed from then till now. I'm just really afraid someone will get smacked in the head with something one of these days. I also like how they announce at every ride at Cedar Point that Cell Phones are prohibited to be out while on the ride and selfies are not permitted etc.

• Like 3

I once rode Tornado at Stricker's Grove in the same train as a dog.

Two weeks later, the silly ACEr who owned the dog tried that stunt again, at Holiday World. Pat Koch, bless her soul, threw him and the dog out of the park.

Did the dog at least hold its paws up on the first drop?

• Like 3

I was once told to bring my coffee on Iron Dragon at CP or pitch it so I could ride as it was not allowed to sit on the station platform. I took the coffee with me because I wasn't wasting it. It was interesting to say the least. But the coffee was cooled down at least so it didn't bother me holding it.

• Like 2

I just wish Kings Island would do a much better job with Cell Phones on rides. Cedar Point will stop the lift if they see a phone out and walk up and get it, not at Kings Island, they just make an announcement over the PA on the lift. Also not sure why riders are permitted to hold sovernier bottles while on a ride? I got splashed by someone's bottle the last time I was on Racer. I just hope no one ever gets hurts by someone who doesn't have loose articles secured.

I am totally guilty of the souvenier bottle on Racer thing :( ... the day I bought it I got a refill right before Racer without thinking and then put it into the messenger bag style purse I was wearing when I got on. As soon as we went down the first hill, the Coke got all shook up and spewed me in the face via the straw for the entire rest of the ride. I don't think I splashed anyone though because we were in the front seat and the entire thing was soaked into my hair and shirt when it was over. I learned my lesson though and have since ditched the stupid bottle entirely... free water only for me!

• Like 3

Guest dtk1376

The only ride at Kings Island I know that requires you to take everything with you is RFYLCB, and on that ride I just attach the souvenir bottle to the handlebar on the log flume which works out quite well.

Interesting you say that. Because Last year the ride operators stopped The Beast to take someone's phone on the first lift before the ride was even half way up. Yes they gave warning out to the guy.

• Like 3