Banshee On Ride Cameras

jtmorningview

Can't believe how much has happened at the park just since I went a week ago...organ came back to The Grand Carousel, Shake, Rattle & Roll has vanished, videos at Banshee, the Haunt building was put up (just dirt last Wednesday)...not to mention the 10 millionth DB ride happened!! Sheesh!

• Like 3

Terpy, it was a good time. Even in the rain.

After two very rainy rides on Banshee that night and then it being closed down after our last ride, I heard an individual returned today to finish what we started to accomplish that night. I don't see that he's posted it but glad he texted me to tell me. I shoulda went and picked him up last night.

• Like 4

I can state definitively that ride ops WILL climb the lift hill if necessary at KI. We were at the park a few weeks ago when someone had a camera out. After ignoring the PA, a ride op climbed up quite a few stairs to get to us. We had just started our ascent, but we were definitely 20-25% up the lift hill.

• Like 3

I will vouch for Terpy.

Him and Devan rode in the row right in front of me, in a non-wheel seat. I was in the very back row with Upstop and it was one of the smoothest rides I've ever had on The Beast.

I almost forgot about that. I rode The Beast a week ago, and it was the smoothest ride I have ever had on it. Unbelievably smooth.

• Like 2

Count me as one who thinks that on-ride photography stills are better than video. For most people who don't know where the on-ride cameras are, the photos often look pretty goofy. I just don't think there will be the same appeal to pay more money to watch yourself look silly for 3 minutes.

I guess people do buy those skydiving videos (and videos from the sky coasters/Sling Shots), but those seem like a different category. I thought the ability to have a photo emailed to you was an awesome upgrade to ride photos when it happened 5 years or so ago.

• Like 1

Count me as one who thinks that on-ride photography stills are better than video. For most people who don't know where the on-ride cameras are, the photos often look pretty goofy. I just don't think there will be the same appeal to pay more money to watch yourself look silly for 3 minutes.

I guess people do buy those skydiving videos (and videos from the sky coasters/Sling Shots), but those seem like a different category. I thought the ability to have a photo emailed to you was an awesome upgrade to ride photos when it happened 5 years or so ago.

The video, which I'm SURE is both operated and funded by a 3rd part (w/revenue share), has been used in several places but never seems to last all that long.

Does Raptor still have its? When did it get it?

I guess my only negative comment about the video would be that there's a decent chance I would have purchased one of my first ride on Banshee, but now that I've been on it multiple times, my interest in something like this has decreased significantly.

• Like 3