May 28

GrandPoobah

Pretty sad, but today marked my first coaster riding of the 2003 season. Crowds were relatively light today, but most rides weren't running all of their trains so the light crowds didn't translate into shorter wait times.

Got up to KI at around 10:15. After meeting up with friends we made the mistake of heading for AZ first. Delirium line looked a little long and Top Gun was closed, so we headed for Son of Beast for the first ride of the day. One train was sitting on the transfer track being worked on by 4 or 5 mechanics - new lap bars! Talked to a ride op while waiting, she said the new bars are more heavily padded. Should be nice. Because of the maintenance, though, only one train was running at the time. What would have been a 15 minute wait turned into 30 minutes. Rode in the front seat, and the ride was rough but about average for SoB rolleyes.gif .

Next we headed for Coney Mall, noting that AE and recaR were closed. At FoF, the line was out to the spaceship and no farther, so I wasn't able to see the video biggrin.gif . Lucked out and another group let us cut in front of them for the back seat. Had an awesome ride - good to see the ORPs are back.

Stopped at Oscar's for a quick bite, then SDATHC was next. Didn't do horribly for my first ride, 750. The effects were good as well. Was impressed, that's a fun ride - will definitely try it again to improve my score.

Headed for Beast next, it was pretty much a walk-on for every seat. Had an awesome ride in the back seat. Was impressed with the changes made on the turn after the first tunnel, and the ride seems a lot faster than last year, could it be? cool.gif

Vortex was only about a 2 train wait, and since they were running 3 the line went fast. Nothing unusual to note about the ride. Back seat still has killer airtime.

Next up was Spongebob 3D, the only side of the AFX Theatre that was open. Wait was about 20 minutes. I really liked this ride - the 3D effects were awesome. Was definitely better than 7th Portal IMHO.

Finally we headed up to Delirium's shorter line. Waited for about three pods/frisbees (what's the proper word?) or 15 minutes. Seemed to still be some problems with the floor and certain sections not coming up. But this ride is incredible. The speed is great. Got to give it a 10.

I was looking forward to hitting at least DZ and F/O but the rest of my group was wanting to head out by that time. So that was it. Was really impressed by the new rides as well as how the park looks this year as a whole. Will hit some more rides later.

I also went today... lets put it this way, schools suck sad.gif

Im graduated now, so thought it would be a very light day, boy, I found out otherwise.

Unfortunelly, couldnt touch Delirium, the line looked long all day. Oh well.. better luck next week. Anyone know if schools will be there next week also?

Schools will probably not be there next week, but the public will be. Most of the area schools don't get out for the summer till the first week of June, or the second, and I'm sure we will see our fair share of those kids. Of course, a lot of vacations and parties and things happen in those first two weeks as well...

I was in the park today for just a few minutes to change some of my shifts and decided to ride SDATHC! I loved it! I got a score of 2010 on my first ride!!!! biggrin.gif

The ride line was very short... and it only took 10 minutes to get on, if even that! I jumped once in the ride too, when it looked like a bookcase was going to fall on me...

No, all of the Centerville City schools will be there next Friday, yes...Bring a Friend free day. It will be a zoo. And I know of a few other schools in the area going uring the course of next week as well. Next week, will not be quiet. But this weekend doesn't look to be as bad as last

Shooting is great. It dosn't involve running. And it helps eye/arm cordination. My highest is 2870 I think.

I get out everyday next week at 10am! It pays to have perfect attendance and good grades! smile.gif

Wow, its a good thing I pushed back my annual trip from the 7th & 8th to the 12th & 13th. I knew that Beast Buzz with all the coasterbuzz members was having their event on the 7th and now not only is it bring a friend day, but also schools will be there.

Sounds like alot of fun, hehe!

I'm taking the entire weekend off anyway, so BAFFD won't be my problem! I just wanted to make sure that it was Friday... glad I was right, I've been telling everyone Friday. biggrin.gif

If the weather is nice it will probably be a pretty busy day! I think this is the last BAFFD of the season...? Don't forget Waterworks in included in the park admission! It should open up at 11am, weather permiting. GP holders ONLY (not your guests!) are allowed in at 10:30 through the GP Gate from the WW parking lot. Have fun, it's been really slow in WW so far, just too darn cold! So cold, in fact, we've been waiting for snow! At least it's supposed to be in the 80's mid week.