Landmark ONE HUNDRED MILLIONTH Racer Ride Coming Soon!

BoddaH1994

I rode Diamondback 65 times in it's opening season. I'd say less than half of those were spent waiting in the single rider line.

Once I saw people abusing the line, I started waiting in the regular queue. It wasn't fair to those who truly were riding by themselves.

• Like 1

And what, pray tell, was wrong with that?

The single rider line was intended for guests who had no one else in their party that wanted to ride.

I guess I didn't realize that was the official purpose of the Single Rider line at Kings Island.

At Disney Parks, many groups enter the Single Rider line and are simply reminded that they will be split up and ride separately. Observationally, most say, "Yeah, we know, thanks!" and, at the ride, their party is split as needed to fill extra seats.

I guess I'm so used to that, I don't see anything wrong with it.

If Jack and Jill visit the park together, and both want to ride Diamondback, but they don't "need" to ride together, then isn't the Single Rider line a viable option? I guess not. Disney just presents it – officially or unofficially – as a way to wait stand-by for an open single spot, not necessarily that it's purpose is ONLY to serve those who visit alone or want to ride the ride alone. Ah well!

• Like 6

Good training for empowered ride ops and sups negates abused systems..it's people...paired up in a line..Make it sound like it was rocket science...My time at Maverick..Let a single rider through, even the rails, load train, load the next set quick. The ones who try to abuse it will voice up about it. And common is it really hard to look down the stairs and not see them come through that line as a group, or close together in similar age, gender, and usually maturity. Quite easy to distinguish these individuals..

But this is coming from the park that won't let employees press a few buttons and turn switches to transfer and park trains or walk up lift hills to keep everyone safe.

• Like 1

Significant = $600 or anytime you are informed you will be receiving an IRS Form 1099, Miscellaneous Income.

Well according to this page, a VIP tour for eight people would be $1,992.

Can't tell you how many times I saw the single rider line for Diamondback abused.

It was there only for 2009, maybe 2010. I can't remember. There's a reason it no longer exists.

The single rider line lasted until midway 2011, when Fast Lane suddenly appeared and immediately replaced it.

• Like 3

I really have never had an issue with Fast Lane but this conversion made a particular amount of sense in my eyes.

My first encounter with a single rider line was at Holiday World with Liberty Launch. Relatively low capacity with every seat being valuable. With rides like Diamondback the capacity increases as they pump through trains. An empty seat or two makes little difference at the end of the day. If they're going to bother with a stand by line then they might as well make a ton of money off of it.

• Like 3

I see both sides to what you're saying

However empty seats on trains do add up quickly. Lets say two empty seats every other train all day, you probably just lost 400 riders all day on DB (1/3 of an hour roughly). May not seem like alot, but it does add up. For a ride that cycles so quick and has the queue to match, fill the trains, it drops the line quicker more guests move through and again, makes operations much more efficient. Take Corkscrew..pain in the ass to pop lock and drop a whole train empty or close to it, fully loaded, quite quite easy.

Low capacity I agree, filling every seat is very important, as it moves the queue and also may be important for the ride to function as designed, S&S Towers a prime example. Which is why it kills me to see empty seats on either Monster rides when loading 4 arms.

• Like 3

I have seen Diamondbacks train leave with up to six seats empty. That's one and a half empty cars. The capacity is reduced to 26 passengers. It this were to happen continuously, every 5th train would be two seats short of an empty train.

As Devarious said, it does add up over time. The capacity for Banshee and Diamondback is the same volume of seats.

Both often send out empty seats, so why does the line for one fly and the line for the other doesn't?

• Like 3

Some single riders want an empty seat, but honestly that is a very small majority, and that wish will be granted.

I'm not some Operational Warmonger..you will have empty seats, be it initial riders in first hour, or slow hours, or towards the end of the day. However if I see a ride that has been up all day with a 20+ minute queue with no downtime mid day I shouldn't see empty seats often, however I do, and it confuses me..When I see DB stack and have 4 or more empty seats..literally..you couldn't get a single person to fill one seat or more..Especially considering they seem to want to control where people sit on the ride this year.

I really, really, really wish I could come in one day and take vids/pictures of discrepancies I see and show them off..however I have more important things to do like relax, enjoy the atmosphere, and have FUN.. I can rant late at night on a Wed. while procrastinating sleep :P

• Like 3

I have seen Diamondbacks train leave with up to six seats empty. That's one and a half empty cars. The capacity is reduced to 26 passengers. It this were to happen continuously, every 5th train would be two seats short of an empty train.

As Devarious said, it does add up over time. The capacity for Banshee and Diamondback is the same volume of seats.

Both often send out empty seats, so why does the line for one fly and the line for the other doesn't?

Banshee theoretically flies DimondBack slithers lol
  • Like 2

I wonder how many bugs have crawled mistakenly onto the train before departure and took a terrifying stroll? Have they been documented?

Certainly they are 'riders' at that point? But only if they made the full circuit. Can't be counting the ones who got the ultimate airtime midway.

• Like 3

So is there a bookshelf somewhere in KI with books like 'Racer Counts in 1973', and filled with things like 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0...

(I'd buy a copy of that book)

"Ye olde big book of Racer: MCMLXXIII edition, forward written by Ann B. Davis"

• Like 3

There still exists a single rider line of some variation at Invertigo, but not until you reach the station. I have never seen it being enforced, but then again it is not advertised aside from a sign above the entrance to said gate. I agree with the above posts re Diamondback SRL. If a group of however many goes through the SRL and is told they WILL be seperated and then are placed on seperate trains or at least seperate rows on the same train, then I don't see the harm. It was not a matter of abuse; It was simply about making $.

• Like 3

The elimination of the single rider line on Diamondback was so they could profit off of Fastlane. They can pull the groups of people abused it card all they want but if the groups filled the single empty seats,and they did, then what's the problem? Can't tell you how many times my wife and I used the single riders line together on Sheikra over at BGT last time we went.

• Like 9

Well...it's gonna be awhile! 100,000,000 divided by 42 gets me 2,380,952 per year which of course means jack diddly.

1,000,000,000 divided by that number estimates that it will take 420 years for that to happen. The year? 2392.

If your math is correct, then that just means we'll easily be at 1 billion by the year 2525...

...If man is still alive.

• Like 5