2015 Idea

thoe124

I had an idea for an ideal expansion for KI in 2015. Not saying this is going to happen, but its my guess as to what might happen.

First, a new ride in the big tan box. This would be a dark shooter ride like Wonder Mountains Guardian at Canada's Wonderland. It would have a thrilling coaster section first, and be kinda like Flight of Fear, but then have a shooter section and then as a surprise at the end, a track drop section, and then a launch and another coaster section. It would also be like Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It would have 2 inversions, but they would be unexpected, and hard to tell if you are upside down. Probably a good family ride.

Here are some layouts i drew that would work for the tan box.

6AAWXfn.jpg

fHEx9No.jpg

Wonder_Mountains_Guardian_Station.jpg

Next would be a general refresh of the area of Rivertown with Diamondback's drop/helix, the big box, and The Beast. Possibly taking out the blacktop and putting in concrete. (Like they did with Banshee) They could also extend this concrete all the way down the path that is used for Backwoods Bayou, and the path that goes down next to Vortex's batwing and all the way to WindSeeker.

Third would be some Flying Scooters next to Vortex where Shake Rattle and Roll was. (This would be if SRAR doesnt come back) They could call them something like 'Miami Eagles' or 'Kings Island Flyers' or something like that. Here is a layout that I drew.

ZUnx85L.jpg

Fourth, they could repaint Diamondback and The Racer. They need it. Plus they could treat the water in Diamondback's splashdown, so it wouldnt wear down the wheels and the paint so much.

And thats my idea for a 2015 expansion!

• Like 11

One problem, Kings Island has an interactive dark ride/shooter in Boo Blasters.

Canada's Wonderland has Boo Blasters On Boo Hill as well as a new interactive dark ride.

Not to mention, they have a version of Boo Blasters with guns that consistently function and they still got another shoot-em-up ride. That just means that we're even more overdue!

• Like 3

I'd still rather have a traditional, non shooting dark ride but oh well.

Much agreed. I prefer to sit back and relax while being transported to a new place, being immersed in the story.

Haunted Mansion, Harry Potter thing (forget the name), ect. They are all fantastic and enjoyable, with out the the sprinkle of Operation Desert Storm. I much prefer those to Boo Blasters, Buzz light year, and MIB.

• Like 5

I'm always amazed the anti-gun crowd, who has had conniption fits over little boys with six shooters (toys) in schools, and even little boys shooting with their fingers in pre-schools, hasn't raised Holy Hannah about shoot-em-up rides in parks.

For my own selfish reasons, I really wish they would. That may be the only way these interactive shoot-em-up dark rides go away.

• Like 8

We are weird. Princess Sparkles has always loved BBOBH. So they are something we love and drag people through nearly every visit to do.

I wish the shooters all worked. I wish the theming was updated, too.

• Like 3