Skyhawk accident @ CP

Friction brakes do stop things fast, I hit the e stop on a coaster for instance and it slams into the first set of brakes and won't budge. So think on that, if you hit it in the up stroke, what if they don't stop and sit at the bottom? What if it stops and it's 10 or more feet off the ground?

I'd leave it the way it is. Knowing the system if it were able to just ride stop or do a failsafe mode like an S&S tower and slowly descend or open the valves and purge the tanks except for the ride carriage and slowly release that pressure, sweet. However, the way this ride works to control that pressure like that could actually cause an issue, think if you need to purge those tanks instead of slowly releasing them..

The ride operated as intended and everything worked as expected, everyone is alive, it was a good day.

image deleted

Thank you for being bold enough to say what I was thinking but not willing to say myself. :)

jcgoble3, who needs to stop biting on stuff like that

Yeah, I have had enough of the trolls. I also am going to just start reporting the trolling behavior... Now get off my lawn! lol

• Like 3

Honestly not entirely sure. For what I gathered the cables actually had a bit more tension than I expected, I figured they were just there for slight additional support. I would bet everything is getting torque tested and checked twice. I'm just curious as to S&S's involvement this week, I'm sure we'll see soon. Hopefully now not a shorter ride cycle.

The cables getting installed just help hold the sweeps together, they have nothing to do in regards to ride movement, only two cables are involved in that. Here's a great article to explain how Screamin' Swings work (and hell just about every other S&S product)

http://hydraulicspneumatics.com/200/TechZone/PneumaticValves/Article/False/21800/TechZone-PneumaticValves

• Like 1

The cables getting installed just help hold the sweeps together, they have nothing to do in regards to ride movement, only two cables are involved in that. Here's a great article to explain how Screamin' Swings work (and hell just about every other S&S product)

http://hydraulicspneumatics.com/200/TechZone/PneumaticValves/Article/False/21800/TechZone-PneumaticValves

I'm a bit confused about one thing - what exactly is the purpose of the cables that connect from the top of the arms to the bottom (just above the headrests)?.