Lightning strikes the Eiffel Tower 7-26-2014

MidnightBeast

I was in the Festhaus. The light was so bright and the boom was so loud that I thought it had actually hit the building, but I think this answers that.

To set the record straight, the Eiffel Tower gets struck by lightning dozens of time each year. It's designed to withstand it. This is not out of the norm and it's done very safely.

On another note, you're totally AWESOME for catching this on video!!!

• Like 13

Just natures way of saying hello. Haha.

That's beautiful. I love lightning and storms. It makes me feel alive and truly part of this amazing planet.

On a side note, I am grateful for the grounding beams on the attractions that reside in the park that are close enough to get struck that protect them.

• Like 12

I was there last night too, we were the next to board Banshee when they shut it down. We stayed for about 10 minutes and kept looking at all the lightening and knew it would not reopen. We were lucky we were in the parking lot when the storm hit and thank goodness only got a little wet. Was a very frustrating day at KI though, I know why I never go on Saturdays, every where we went it seemed like two hour waits. I won a Fast Lane pass at Diamondback at about 6:00 and it took 45 minutes to board in that lane. We were in line for Banshee in the morning only to have it shut down for an hour due to the storms, but we did wait it out. And then my husband waiting over an hour for Firehawk when it went down, he was about two trains away from boarding. Nothing of fault of anyone, just frustrating not to mention we were dealing with our friend's very temperamental 13 year old who didn't want to ride any rides or walk for that matter. Jeremy and I have decided this was not our honeymoon and we will be going back in the next few weeks alone lol.

• Like 7

^ If you win a front-of-the-line pass with Plinko or another game, you don't have to wait in the Fast Lane queue. You can* go directly through the exit for immediate boarding.

*Many game winners do use the Fast Lane queues, and these passes are officially accepted there. Policies change often; ask the game host or Guest Services for current rules and procedures.

• Like 5

No clue Interpreter, I couldn't believe it was that long of a wait, but at least they let us pick front row. I had no idea you didn't have to wait for the passes you win, that's what I did, spun the wheel and won, geesh I guess I need to pay better attention!

• Like 1

You guys are spoiled I was at park yesterday and no way every ride had a two hour wait. You can do a lot on a Saturday. I can only go on Weekends as I work during the week. The park wasn't really that bad I've seen much much worse. Your day is how u make it.

You guys are spoiled I was at park yesterday and no way every ride had a two hour wait. You can do a lot on a Saturday. I can only go on Weekends as I work during the week. The park wasn't really that bad I've seen much much worse. Your day is how u make it.

Ahem.

I suspect yesterday was not your honeymoon.

• Like 8