Bringing a bag on the rides?

cincy99

In the past when visiting KI, I have brought either a lightweight drawstring backpack or small hipster bag to hold my phone, wallet, keys, and sunscreen. I never had a problem taking it on the rides and roller coasters, and nobody ever said anything about it to me. I'm going to KI again in two weeks and just wanted to see if they were still allowing riders to do this, or if they have gotten a stricter bag policy.

• Like 1

What LoraX said. Also, Diamondback will allow it in line, but will not allow it on the ride. If you bring it in line there, you will have to leave it in a bin in the station while you ride.

EDIT: And yes, cargo shorts are a far better option. Look for a pair with zipper pockets, or thread up a sewing machine and add zippers yourself (or have someone you know do it).

• Like 1

What LoraX said. Also, Diamondback will allow it in line, but will not allow it on the ride. If you bring it in line there, you will have to leave it in a bin in the station while you ride.

EDIT: And yes, cargo shorts are a far better option. Look for a pair with zipper pockets, or thread up a sewing machine and add zippers yourself (or have someone you know do it).

Or buy a roll of Velcro for like $2 in the craft section at Wal-Mart and sew it on the pockets all the way across... Worked great and is way easier than trying to sew a zipper. Took 10 minutes with a needle and thread.

• Like 4

Touch fasteners, such as Velcro, might not be secure enough for some rides - depending on the specific product and how it is used. Make sure that whatever you use to close the pocket is sufficiently strong.

(By the way, you probably pleased Terp by properly capitalizing Velcro, a registered trademark)

• Like 6

I haven't ridden Firehawk in some time but have always been allowed to take a fanny pack on the ride as I have always been alloed to take a fanny pack on DB. To my knowledge the only ride that does not allow fanny packs is Banshee.

• Like 1

What do other women on here do with their stuff? I don't want to wear big bulky cargo shorts so I always bring a small cross body purse with just the essentials (Chapstick, keys, phone, passes/credit card, hand sanitizer). Putting any of my belongings in an unsecured bin is not even an option as I don't trust people and we read too many horror stories on here about theft. I don't ride the big rides that would require a locker and my purse is always fine. The only thing ride ops have ever said about it is to make sure it isn't under the seat belt.

I wear a running type belt that is just big enough for my car key, pass, license, credit card and phone. I wear it around my waist between my tank and tshirt when walking around and slide it up to be just under my chest when riding. It isn't the most flattering but not that noticeable. I haven't had any issues with that for rides at KI, Knott's, CP, MA, or Carowinds in the last year.

I bought men's cargo shorts this year and they were my best investment ever. I have some women's pants with zipper pockets big enough to carry my phone in its hard shell case, but the position of the pocket is inconvenient. The saddlebags on my cargo pants keep stuff out of the way of the restraints.

They aren't exactly sexy but I love Banshee and love being unencumbered. I'm not at the park to pick up guys anyway :)

• Like 4

Firehawk does allow fanny packs, but they must be rotated to the side. Banshee indeed does not permit fanny packs.

I beg to differ. I have rode with a hip sack all year on Banshee. Depends on how obvious it is.

If you have a small one, you will not have a problem. A larger one; yes, they will not let you on with it. Mine is just large enough to hold my keys, phone, I and pass, and allergy meds for emergencies. But yes, I would advise in a good pair of cargo shorts.

I got my current pair at Dick's Sporting Goods. It had one zipper pocket on the left side and a Velcro pocket on the right. I had my grandmother sew a zipper onto the pocket on the right, so now I have zipper pockets on both side. And as a bonus, the shorts are very thin, made of a quick-dry material, and quite comfortable.