How to ride Magnum XL 200

Maggie has aged well. I'd honestly think it's gotten better over the years. Ride got upstop wheels eventually, new wheels this year, new PLC, new brake controls, and probably more I have yet to notice. The PLC needs a few small tweaks but nothing crazy.

Heck she hasn't aged at all on The Simpsons! :)

• Like 7

Magnum was and is the only ride I was terrified of ridding as a kid. Still remember my first trip to Cedar Point with my family and walking in through the back entrance because we were staying at the Sandcastle. I had ridden a few coasters already, but nothing that big and the lift hill looks like it should fall over. What a first ride and have loved it ever since.

Only suggestion for ridding is sit down, hold on and enjoy. Magnum is going to do what Magnum is going to do no matter how you brace yourself. The pain is worth the joy.

• Like 4

Random question: is 1-3 an "ejector seat" on other similar coasters, or is that unique to Magnum? I've only ridden it twice, both times in 1-3 and thought the ride was phenomenal. Of course I was younger back then and far less sensitive to the aches and pains that come with riding that I seem to experience pretty regularly now.

B&M actually came in from what I heard and was responsible for the new system.

B&M was not involved with maggie whatsoever. Consign LLC (used to be Consign AG for those that remember that name) created the PLC. Consign is the primary PLC company for B&M so I can see the confusion, but B&M was not involved. The brake system and air panels are all in house however.

• Like 2

Random question: is 1-3 an "ejector seat" on other similar coasters, or is that unique to Magnum? I've only ridden it twice, both times in 1-3 and thought the ride was phenomenal. Of course I was younger back then and far less sensitive to the aches and pains that come with riding that I seem to experience pretty regularly now.

The back seat of the front car is typically the magic seat for airtime for wood coasters, hypers and gigas.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

The back seat of the front car is typically the magic seat for airtime for wood coasters, hypers and gigas.

Enjoy!

Is this true for Diamondback? I cant tell much diffrence.

Enjoy!

Is this true for Diamondback? I cant tell much diffrence.
The second row of the first car on DB is probably my favorite row on that ride, so I fully believe it. I just never really put 2 and 2 together

My feeling is that there should not be a "how to" to ride any ride-if a ride is causing any kind of ride. If a ride is causing pain then there is a problem and the manufacturer should fix it. ( perhaps replacing lap bars so that they are not like concrete as seems to be the case on Magnum.)

• Like 1

But what about those who don't experience pain while riding certain rides? I know people have said Gatekeeper and Banshee has caused them pain in the shoulder blades, but I've not personally felt any pain. Or those who have ridden Magnum and say they have pain on their legs when riding? I've ridden and have not had the pain as described here.

It's different for each person, the severity and location. I think it comes down to each person knowing their own body, what works for them and what doesn't work for them. If one finds discomfort on Magnum because of ___, then they possibly shouldn't ride.

But I agree with you on part of your statement markr. There shouldn't be a how to ride ____ (ride)...each person I believe should be able to find out how to ride comfortably for themselves. Online, we can't really tell anyone how to be comfortable because we don't see the how the people wondering ride the rides. I also agree with you markr, about the restraints on Magnum, I'd prefer something a bit softer.

• Like 2