June 3, 2003.

shadow2k3

Yes, due to the drizzling rain and cold weather, PKI had a really low day that day. I witnessed all of it from open to close. Here goes...

Now before you ask why i was there all day, this is because I have only one mode of transportation, and he can only drop me off in the morning. My shift was later in the day, so I had to kill time until then.

Opening was extremely light, there was nobody waiting at the front gate like there usually is. It took at least 15 minutes for a decent amount of guests. I waited for AZ to open for at least a half hour, while i was there I listened to all the usual sounds of AZ and listened to the chatter. Finally the rope was dropped and I instantly headed for Delirum, but it was closed for some unknown reason. Same happened with SOB, closed for a good amount of time. So i rode Face/Off in the very front and got to get a good look at the parking lot. The Guest parking lot wasn't very full at all.

After that I headed to The Racer and decided to do domething I never done before, and that was marathon a coaster. I've seen it done on the travel channel and I figured I should give it a shot. I rode the Forward Racer a total of 15 times. This took a good hour to accomplish. I then went to the Coney Arcade and played some DDR for a few games. I still have a long way to go.. rolleyes.gif FOF had a small wait on it , so I rode that as well.

I then headed back to AZ to ride Top Gun and SOB. Top Gun wasn't too bad. I pulled a short marathon on SOB, going through 3 cycles without screaming for joy. The 3rd time I sang "Bohemian Rhapsody" through the whole ride. I have to say something about those lapbars that SOB got: they're a lot more comfy, but you still get jerked around a lot. It must have been the train it was on. Oh well.

I then trudged over to HB and rode Scooby twice through. My first score was 950, my second was 1100 or something around there. I want to see if i can get higher the next time.

After that I finally went to work. I stayed at Rock for a good hour and got sent to Candy. That place wasn't busy at all. The only time it got busy for us is when the place closed, which took about an hour and a half.

Thus concludes my all day romp at PKI..

~Shadow~

Edited by shadow2k3

After that I headed to The Racer and decided to do domething I never done before, and that was marathon a coaster. I've seen it done on the travel channel and I figured I should give it a shot. I rode the Forward Racer a total of 15 times. This took a good hour to accomplish.

I applaud the effort... 15 times in a hour is really good. smile.gif Lines must have been walk on... or close to it.

(And to get the BOLD text, you have to put the command after it.)

Yep, lines were virtually non-existent for the forward Racer. By the time I hit the 15th ride, the lines were getting pretty congested. Next time I do a marathon, I'm going to do Top Gun.. lol

I caught the bold thing... it's fixed. tongue.gif

~Shadow~

Edited by shadow2k3

pkidelerium,

Isn't that cut-through usually locked? I always assumed that it was for emergency purposes or handicapped individuals.

I don't recall I have ever seen it close more than twice, but those days were jam packed days. The gate is usually always unlocked so you don't have to walk all the way back to the end.

Does it make you a little faster on DDR? tongue.gif

LOL

Regardless of what I do in terms of walking to the boonies and back again has nothing to do with my hardly l33t DDR SkIlZ. (Translation: Elite DDR Skills). Although my head did feel weird after I marathoned The Racer. So most likely I wasn't as coordinateed as I usually am.

~Shadow~

• 4 weeks later...