Future Fountain Upgrades?

thedevariouseffect

Didn't see a thread, but wondered if anyone had some news on or their thoughts on this. Discussed this last night with a few people. Canadas Wonderland got a new black bottom to the fountain, and new show at night (which is fantastic). KD I don't believe had an upgrade yet, and KI obviously is still lacking in that department...

So..thoughts, speculation, ideas? We obviously got new paint on the buildings for 2014 and looks fantastic. Maybe a new fountain upgrade in 2015 to finish off the front entrance of the park?

Make the fountains dance, have some of those laser projectors you see on CP's midway off to the side and inside the water with various design discs, maybe sync some kind of fountain show to the fireworks? I think that would be really cool and worth watching. Have a live DJ booth come out from the water in a dome type thing that projects light? I know that idea is a little far out there and would be really expensive, but its an idea and I think it would be a unique one. Of course with any of these ideas, a good sound system would be needed. Some new Peavey or Electro Voice monitors would do the trick!

Just some ideas. Not that I would expect any of it to happen, but it never hurts to share the vision.

• Like 2

Oh i would too for sure. After a long day at the park, its really nice to unwind with some good entertainment that is exciting and thrilling in its own right that makes you feel like you're apart of the experience and not just a stander-by.

I haven't been to CW in 6yrs and have been really wanting to go back up there, not only to go to the park, but to see my family as well. The park would just be a huge bonus since my family are pass holders. But I trust your judgement on the nighttime entertainment. I enjoy Luminosity. I especially loved when they had a nationally recognized DJ, DJ Shadow, the first year they had it ( when it was "powered by Pepsi" ). I think incorporating KI's fountain into some kind of nighttime show would be amazing and if done right, could pack a punch and leave a big impression on both the GP and enthusiasts alike.

• Like 1

I just think that the black fountain "upgrade" works better in the Canadian demograhic.

For Canada think of having to look at a lot of white snow for a lot of the year, now they get to look at black.

- Hello contrast :) -

Kings Island should just stay with its classy fountain, as it's the glue that holds the main entrance and International Street together.

• Like 6

I would like to see renovations done to the fountains, as long as they keep the pedestals in the pool. In fact, almost all of International Street should be worked on a little. Some fitting background music that blends in with the tower and fountains would be very nice to hear again while entering the park.

• Like 7

I am the LoraX I speak for the trees....One thing I love about Kings Dominion is the amount of beautiful, healthy trees they have through out the park.

I think the entire fountain area at KD was beautiful as was the area around the Eiffel Tower. It just gives it a really nice, welcoming feel from the moment you walk in.

• Like 7

Well if you're going to make it dance, do something similar to the dancing fountain at The Avenue at Tower City Center in Cleveland, only on a grander scale.

Dancing, lights, fog, FIRE, fireworks, the whole shebang. Do it every hour on the half hour, do it to seasonal songs, and you will have a hit.

• Like 1

I would love to see a new paint job and the eviction of Canada Geese.

There can be beauty in simple but grand. It's such a calm area to sit, relax and people watch. I would not be a fan of a massive light show with lasers and such. I know people that are sensitive to lights and they can trigger migraines and epilepsy. That would not be a fun way to end the day.

• Like 8

I am ALL for a little attention given everywhere about "International" Street. The fountains used to dance, and it wasn't that long ago. The trees in some manner of form should stay to provide shade, BUT- sitting along the fountains to eat or enjoy said fountains misses a bit of its mystique when you can't see the Eiffel Tower.

• Like 2

The one thing I liked about the old Kings Island, as Thrill_Biscuit mentioned, was the instrumental music and movie themes on International Street. I miss sitting along the fountains with my family listening to music like the theme to the Superman movies, "Marion's Theme" from Indiana Jones, "The Breakfast Machine" by Danny Elfman, just to name a few. It sure was nicer than listening to "Trouble" by Taylor Swift and other songs that have nothing to do with the International feeling that the entrance to the park is supposed to give off. But because Paramount is gone, and because there are a lot of copyright laws from movie composers like John Williams, it seems like bringing the movie music back would be rather difficult, but the same may not be said about the classical orchestra music that they used to play, such as "Sabre Dance." Does anyone know what other music was played as you entered International Street during the Taft and KECO days? I have always been curious.

• Like 7

Tear out trees? Just observationally, doesn't seem that anything of the sort happened at Kings Dominion, which is practically in a forest... I can see why folks wouldn't be on board though. Trees make all the difference in the world. I won't turn this swan of a discussion back into an ugly duckling by bringing up our own park's forested past.

The videos I find online of Kings Dominion's new fountains make it look almost the same as what they already had, just with variable height fountains and colored LED lights. Looks great, too. I know Wonderland's sync up to their incredible projection show, but it seems to me (just from YouTube... haven't seen them in person yet) that Dominion's are just what they used to have, but more lively? Nothing wrong with that, I don't think!

• Like 4