Will Diamondback always be the tallest at KI?

skylar.heizer

@chugh43

This hypercoaster is the tallest, fastest, and longest of its kind in the Midwest. In fact, Diamondback still holds the record for the tallest, longest, and fastest coaster in the world to feature a splash down. With multiple hills, airtime moments, and speeds reaching 80 miles per hour, its no wonder why this coaster is a favorite among park guests.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

@chugh43

This hypercoaster is the tallest, fastest, and longest of its kind in the Midwest. In fact, Diamondback still holds the record for the tallest, longest, and fastest coaster in the world to feature a splash down. With multiple hills, airtime moments, and speeds reaching 80 miles per hour, its no wonder why this coaster is a favorite among park guests.

What about Shambhala?  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I could definitely see a Giga sometime. I could also see it being terrain coaster as well using the  deep valley towards the back of the park, KI is a fantastic park for terrain. With the exception of a few coasters, the others dip into a valley or fly through a tunnel at some point. In fact I wouldn’t mind seeing a Giga that starts at perhaps 200 feet and drops into a tunnel to complete the Giga height. A coaster fantasy of mine was to see a coaster whose successive hills where higher than the last. 200 feet to 250 to 300. Etc. tunnels and terrain can make that happen.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, upstop said:

Something like I305 zipping and darting back and forth through the dense woods. I can dig that.

IMO that would capture the spirit of The Beast, even if it was metal. Going that fast, that close to the ground would feel like the trees were an arm's length away. Plus, a 300+ drop straight into the tree canopy?!? Child please

• Like 1

I could see two coasters toppling Diamondback's height in the future. First, obviously, is a giga since those immediately outrank a hyper in terms of height.

Second, I could possibly see a dive coaster in the far, far, far future; when dive coasters are at virtually at every popular park. I have a theory that dive coasters are going to be the next invert given their popularity with the GP and how compact they are. I'm honestly surprised there isn't a single dive coaster at any Six Flags park, especially since they love to clone coasters and rides. 

Honestly I'd love next coaster to be around 6-7,000 feet of track(that is if it's a Giga). For example, I love i305 but it's way too short and the trims kill it when it should've had another thousand feet or so of speed. Things like that just suck so I hope we get a good long woods/terrain coaster.

• 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, NewD4y20 said:

I sure hope not. They need to go taller soon. I don't know how long Kings Island will be able to compete and stay open if they don't.

Compete with who? Once upon a time, Kings Island had no Diamondback, no Banshee, and no Mystic Timbers and they were still a highly visited park. Kings Island isn't going to shut down if a giga isn't added- there's still dozens of great parks in the US that have just recently broke 200ft in the past decade. 

• Like 1

Don't forget they had Son of Beast before Diamondback.

It's not just competing with coaster parks, which Cedar Point easily comes to mind, but also competing with everything else people can be doing besides riding the best and tallest coasters. Diamondback is almost too over engineered and tame that people are now somewhat numb and want bigger and better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...