Will Diamondback always be the tallest at KI?

skylar.heizer

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe something people are overlooking is the fact that KI could potentially add a wing coaster or dive coaster in the area that Firehawk used to occupy. Now, would I be upset if KI goes with a giga coaster? Absolutely not, but there are other options out there that they could go with.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 8:52 PM, PKIVortex said:

I have a feeling 2019 will be the last year of Diamondback being the Tallest, Fastest, Coaster to ever strike Kings Island.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And I have a feeling it could also be the last year in which the world knows Fury as the world's tallest coaster to feature a lift hill. :)

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
Reading a lot of these old threads, I'm waiting for someone to make one called "Will Orion always be the tallest at KI?"

The answer to that one is likely yes. Because if they’re going to go taller, why didn’t they do it with Orion? It couldn’t have cost THAT much more to add 30-40’.
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

The answer to that one is likely yes. Because if they’re going to go taller, why didn’t they do it with Orion? It couldn’t have cost THAT much more to add 30-40’.

Budget wasn’t the reason why Orion is the height it is.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Budget wasn’t the reason why Orion is the height it is.

I believe they said it was because they wanted to take advantage of their hill-like terrain by making Orion 287 ft with a drop that goes into a subterranean area of land. I may be wrong on that though.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2014 at 7:20 AM, thedevariouseffect said:

You haven't been there in recent years, it has gotten MUCH better. Everything now is down to a science. Only downtime now is generally weather related or this years big big issue but noone could prevent that. But in the past few years it's finally had more uptime than downtime moiving people.

What was the big issue?

On 4/17/2020 at 3:37 PM, KI FANATIC 37 said:

This aged well :lol:

On 4/17/2020 at 3:37 PM, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I don't think KI will see another Woodie until we say goodbye to The Beast. I could see B&M making a Maverick type ride in the future; I think that would fit the park well.

2015: Holiday World got that B&M launch and it is phenomenal. 
2017: Mystic Timbers set a record for the most wooden track in a single park.  Beast has held the record for longest wooden coaster since its debut. 

is this the longest standing coaster record? I’m assuming so, but please enlighten me :)

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 9:45 PM, amapan said:

2015: Holiday World got that B&M launch and it is phenomenal. 
2017: Mystic Timbers set a record for the most wooden track in a single park.  Beast has held the record for longest wooden coaster since its debut. 

is this the longest standing coaster record? I’m assuming so, but please enlighten me :)

Well I don't know for sure, but if the team can keep The Beast running for a while, The Beast could take back the record as World's Longest Roller Coaster once the steel track wears out on Steel Dragon 2000 and the Ultimate. Who knows if they will build another coaster longer as the price of steel and wood keep going up. It'd be pretty cool to not only be the longest wood coaster, but as wood usually tends to outlast steel coasters, we could one day have the record again.

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Steel coasters can't be re-tracked the same way wooden ones can so I have no reason to believe The Beast and Racer would ever be in jeopardy.

That's exactly my point. The Beast can easily outlive the current steel coasters, giving it the opportunity to reclaim the longest coaster record from Steel Dragon 2000.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2018 at 10:21 AM, SonofBaconator said:

@chugh43

This hypercoaster is the tallest, fastest, and longest of its kind in the Midwest. In fact, Diamondback still holds the record for the tallest, longest, and fastest coaster in the world to feature a splash down. With multiple hills, airtime moments, and speeds reaching 80 miles per hour, its no wonder why this coaster is a favorite among park guests.

My man!!!!!  Even tho Orion is gonna be taller, Diamondback will always be better.  Ride on!

• 5 months later...