Jump to content
skylar.heizer

Will Diamondback always be the tallest at KI?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lifetimecoaster said:

I'm 36, and can say that when Vortex was built, it was breathtaking. Over 30 years, it's become one of those coasters that people love still because it is what it is, but I can tell you that anyone born after 1997 would laugh at that coaster.

@VortexBFForever would probably like to have a word with you about this statement. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Mack could do a Giga but have only done a few Hypers. But I'd like to see KI get a Mack Giga. It looks like Intiman is out of the Question since they weren't the renewed Cedar Fair relationship.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^How about no.  

Now a floorless coaster (not a floorless dive coaster) on the other hand...:rolleyes:  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Now a floorless coaster (not a floorless dive coaster) on the other hand...:rolleyes:  

What about a dive coaster with a floorless layout? Imagine Hydra the Revenge but with dive trains, a 200ft high hill and a 90° drop :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diamondback most likely will be topped in the near future. Diamondback is starting to get boring as the tallest and fastest Coaster at Kings Island. As much as I love DB, It's about time for something new to take the crown as the tallest and fastest and meanest Coaster at Kings Island. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say it's safe to assume whatever coaster that gets built taller than Diamondback, will not be marketed as the tallest, fastest and meanest coaster at Kings Island.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

What about a dive coaster with a floorless layout? Imagine Hydra the Revenge but with dive trains, a 200ft high hill and a 90° drop :)

Gerstlauer already does that concept better. They're called Eurofighters and Infinity Coasters. ;) 

Minus the floorless part, but still better.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Minus the floorless part, but still better.  

True. But I would love to see an updated version of a B&M dive machine since all of them are alike ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next 5 coaster predictions in order of when they will come Imo.

1) b&m giga to update Coney Mall and/or Xbase

2) Intamin or Mack blitz over the lake in Oktoberfest to spruce up that area.

3) RMC (either ground up woodie/hybrid or Trex) in the place of BSC and that area.

4) B&M Dive Machine either in Action Zone replacing Timberwolf or Kings Island will actually take out Vortex and put it there. Too early to tell.

5) GCI family woodie similar to invadR located near Mystic Timbers since there is open land on your way to the waterpark that Mystic Timbers isn't using. There is open grass land you see while on the train. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

2) Intamin or Mack blitz over the lake in Oktoberfest to spruce up that area.

5) GCI family woodie similar to invadR located near Mystic Timbers since there is open land on your way to the waterpark that Mystic Timbers isn't using. There is open grass land you see while on the train. 

I'm having a hard time following your reasoning.

2.) Wait what? That lake is iconic and picturesque. Putting a coaster over it would be a poor decision imo. Its also not that big. The area between AE and FOF would be better.

5.) Wait why? Mystic Timbers is basically already a family ride. It was designed with families in mind. Why put a near duplicate coaster right next to it?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm having a hard time following your reasoning.

2.) Wait what? That lake is iconic and picturesque. Putting a coaster over it would be a poor decision imo. Its also not that big. The area between AE and FOF would be better.

5.) Wait why? Mystic Timbers is basically already a family ride. It was designed with families in mind. Why put a near duplicate coaster right next to it?

I think with building something similar to invadR would get more young kids on the coaster than what Mystic Timbers gets. invadR has a 46" height requirement. I think if they got something like that, that would be a perfect balance for a young kid who is not yet 48" and needs a step up from Woodstock Express and Flying Ace Aerial Chase. Also, Kings Island likes being known for their wood coasters, so it wouldn't surprise me if they keep getting more wooden coasters. With that lake, I must confess that I wasn't thinking the whole thing through, but if they took out Viking Fury or relocated it, they have land there for a station and queue. Even though the lake is iconic, a coaster there would actually make it more iconic. I made this photo of what it could look like and I tried to make sure it doesn't get too much in the way of the fountain. 

2018-04-06_23.19.29.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That layout is impressive but not every little spot needs a coaster. If there was nothing there then yes go for it. However, Viking Fury is there as well as an eatery and I'd hate to see either removed. I personally don't agree with your Invadr opinion but that's just me. I'd love to see a wooden coaster in Planet Snoopy where the petting zoo is though if that's any compromise:)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That area around Oktoberfest is one of the few quieter places left in the park.  Personally, I'd like to keep it that way.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2018 at 11:42 PM, SonofBaconator said:

That layout is impressive but not every little spot needs a coaster. If there was nothing there then yes go for it. However, Viking Fury is there as well as an eatery and I'd hate to see either removed. I personally don't agree with your Invadr opinion but that's just me. I'd love to see a wooden coaster in Planet Snoopy where the petting zoo is though if that's any compromise:)

As much as I would hate to see Viking Fury to be removed, if they replaced it with a coaster like Maverick, I wouldn't complain. That's just my opinion though and I respect your opinion on both Oktoberfest and the invadR thing. I do agree that not every spot needs a coaster, but if they do put a coaster like Maverick there, it would really spruce up the area Imo. Someone requested it in another thread a while ago before we even got Mystic Timbers. I respect your opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2018 at 9:27 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Next 5 coaster predictions in order of when they will come Imo.

1) b&m giga to update Coney Mall and/or Xbase

2) Intamin or Mack blitz over the lake in Oktoberfest to spruce up that area.

3) RMC (either ground up woodie/hybrid or Trex) in the place of BSC and that area.

4) B&M Dive Machine either in Action Zone replacing Timberwolf or Kings Island will actually take out Vortex and put it there. Too early to tell.

5) GCI family woodie similar to invadR located near Mystic Timbers since there is open land on your way to the waterpark that Mystic Timbers isn't using. There is open grass land you see while on the train. 

The only one I think that is remotely possibly is your #1. But I wouldn't mind seeing some of what you stated come to fruition. But if it were up to me it would be something like this:

1) B&M Giga in Coney Mall or X-Base

2) Mack Multi Launch, but I would put my money on the new Vekoma "Top Gun" model. They actually look amazing.

3) RMC T-Rex, this only happens when Vortex is removed. Kings Island would then need a sit down looper.

4) S&S Steeplechase, now this would be an outrageous move. I'd put the S&S Steeplechase on the plot of land that BLSC sits on. That would be more fitting for the area than BLSC & would be an amazing family attraction. Then is get rid of Timberwolf and move BLSC over to that area of the park. I'd also rename and retheme BLSC to something different. 

5) Gravity Group kids woodie, I liked the area where you wanted to put a family GCI, but I'd keep it local and put a Gravity Group woodie in like the one opening Seasame Place.

Bonus) I wouldn't mind seeing the Sky Flyer removed from Action Zone and put in Oktoberfest to swing out over the lake like the one at Kennywood. Then I'd like to see a thrilling flat like SkyHawk at CP replace the Sky Flyer in Action Zone.

 

Now I know most of what I stated will not happen. It's just something I'd like to see. It's fun to speculate and day dream from time to time, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Not necessarily. I'd guess the limited elements are due to layout size which relates to cost.

That is correct. It costs a lot to add in elements to Dive Machines- hence why they're all fairly similar. If cost wasn't as big of a factor, you'd see a lot more elements on these types of coasters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not there everyday, but from what I seen so far Hangtime is doing fairly ok. Almost no one misses Boomerang at this point. Something like that might do good at KI, probably somewhere in Coney. KI does not come off as being needy for another giant coaster for awhile, Banshee really isn't even that old.

 

I hope KI never builds anything over the Oktoberfest pond. Or Tower Gardens. That's why I love Ghost Town so much at Knott's, it is quiet most the year except summer because GTA has started. >_> Kids...kids everywhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 9:45 PM, chugh43 said:

I'd say it's safe to assume whatever coaster that gets built taller than Diamondback, will not be marketed as the tallest, fastest and meanest coaster at Kings Island.

What would Diamondback be marketed as then? Any ideas?

This is how Carowinds markets Intimidator-

"This hyper coaster is one of the tallest, fastest and longest of its kind in the Southeast. In fact, along with Fury 325, it is one of the top 10 tallest steel roller coasters in North America. Featuring seven extreme drops and lasting over three minutes, this coaster is a favorite among thrill seekers everywhere."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe something like that @SonofBaconator. Let's say a new coaster comes in that's taller and faster than Diamondback....they're not going to keep saying Diamondback is the tallest, fastest and meanest coaster at Kings Island especially because that wouldn't be true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...