Coasterstock at Kings Island

ohiocolts

^ Why do they schedule so many things in such proximity?

No matter when an event might be scheduled there are going to be conflicts, whether it's an event at another park, a coaster club conference. charity riding event, or park operating hours (difficult to offer ERT on days the park closes at midnight).

• Like 14

• 2 months later...

A little more information has been added.

Approved clubs:

American Coaster Enthusiasts
Club Theme Park Review
CoasterBuzz Club
Coaster Crew Platinum
Great Ohio Coaster Club
European Coaster Club
Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain
Club de Fans de Montanas (Mexico)

The only thing to note is that for Coaster Crew members, you'll have to be a Platinum member or above. This was done to make the pricing more similar among the clubs, with the exception of ACE. For those who joined for media day, you'll be up for renewal before this event so just remember to choose the Platinum option when you renew. Tickets to CoasterStock are going on sale in January.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/Coasterstock-at-Kings-Island

• Like 5

Yeah just realized when I renewed my CoasterCrew membership for 2 years; I didn't select the platinum. Whoops!

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

If any of you have this issue, or are wanting to purchase a Coaster Crew membership, hold off for the moment. There will be an option to upgrade and the tiers are going to be streamlined. That, however, is their announcement to make.

• Like 4

Yeah just realized when I renewed my CoasterCrew membership for 2 years; I didn't select the platinum. Whoops!

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

If any of you have this issue, or are wanting to purchase a Coaster Crew membership, hold off for the moment. There will be an option to upgrade and the tiers are going to be streamlined. That, however, is their announcement to make.

Yep, already emailed with Tim on this. He told me to hold off for now.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Edit*** Sorry I might haveisunderstood what I was told, but you do need to be a platinum member to be able to attend CoasterStock. I would check with Tim to see if this has to be done before tickets go on sale. The upgrade is easy, just go to the site and act as if you are joining. Just select the platinum option and enter your member id. It will give you the costn of the upgrade.

What's your source on that info? It's the first I've heard it mentioned and it doesn't say anything on KI's Coasterstock page.

I'm out too if it's true. I am a Coaster Crew member, but the platinum was only recently added and I hadn't gotten around to upgrading yet (in part because I haven't seen a clear way to do so yet, only to join at platinum, not upgrade a current membership).

Edited: I see they have added it as an option now to the coastercrew.net website if anyone else needs to upgrade to platinum. Going to do that tonight. If I get blocked out of Coasterstock for being 20 days past an unpublished deadline, I'll be a little annoyed, but I can deal.

So looking forward to Coasterstock and also saw Color Me Rad race will be held at Kings Island Saturday May 16 from 7:30-11 in their parking lot by Soak City and encompasses the parking lot for runners and surrounding area. They will get ERT on that day also at 9:30. I love this event and wish I could attend but roller coasters rule.

I suggest doing the upgrade in the next couple of weeks. We will get an official date from the park that the memberships be valid by. At the very latest, I'd suggest by the end of February.

Individuals that purchase Coasterstock tickets will need to present an active, valid membership card from the coaster club/organization they selected on the registration form. Now is the time to upgrade or join a coaster club/organization to ensure your membership card is in your hands by the date of the event.

• Like 9