Coasterstock at Kings Island

ohiocolts

I already bought mine, but once the park opens for the season (and before April 30th) will there be the ability to buy Coasterstock tickets at the gate, thus avoiding the $6 fee for the convenience of using Accesso?

Coasterstock tickets will need to be purchased online.

• Like 1

I already bought mine, but once the park opens for the season (and before April 30th) will there be the ability to buy Coasterstock tickets at the gate, thus avoiding the $6 fee for the convenience of using Accesso?

Note that - according to the event page - multiple tickets can be purchased in one transaction. However, each individual must register for the event. To save money, purchase tickets for your entire party at once.

Some of us at the meetup on January 31 could get together and buy our tickets in one transaction, splitting the applicable processing fee.

^ Flash is no longer required for the desktop ticket store. So, as a temporarily solution, you could set your mobile browser to request the desktop version of the site. You could then go to the purchase link from the confirmation page to purchase your ticket(s) as if you were on a desktop.

Instructions:

EDIT: This seems to be using the corporate ticket store instead of the standard desktop ticket store, so Flash is still required.

• Like 1

Update:

"Hi jsus,

I apologize for the purchasing issue. Thanks so much for letting us know. You can now go onto the site and order your Coasterstock ticket without validating the Season Pass ID number. Just be sure to bring your CP Platinum Pass to Coasterstock when you come so that they can verify youre a passholder. Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

We cant wait to see you at Coasterstock!

Abbey

Abbey McMahon

Area Manager, Marketing | Kings Island"

You'll need to use a browser with Adobe Flash set up to access this special event ticket page.

• Like 5

dumb question.......

i am not a passholder to KI or any Cedar Fair park. do i need to purchase regular park tickets in addition to the $62 coasterstock tickets to gain access to the event? meaning i'd have to purchase a regular 1-day ticket for saturday AND sunday to go both days? seems awfully expensive.

• Like 1

dumb question.......

i am not a passholder to KI or any Cedar Fair park. do i need to purchase regular park tickets in addition to the $62 coasterstock tickets to gain access to the event? meaning i'd have to purchase a regular 1-day ticket for saturday AND sunday to go both days? seems awfully expensive.

The non-passholder event ticket is $37 more than the passholder ticket. The passholder ticket states that a pass is required for admission. The other ticket states that it is valid for admission and has no such stipulation of any other ticket needed. Therefore, logically, the extra cost is for discounted admission into the park. I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but that's how all events I've seen work. Use a pass for admission or a higher event fee includes admission.

• Like 2

The non-passholder event ticket is $37 more than the passholder ticket. The passholder ticket states that a pass is required for admission. The other ticket states that it is valid for admission and has no such stipulation of any other ticket needed. Therefore, logically, the extra cost is for discounted admission into the park. I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but that's how all events I've seen work. Use a pass for admission or a higher event fee includes admission.

this is what makes sense to me as well. otherwise it'd be $62 event cost + $62 online 2-day ticket = $124 a head for the event for non-pass holders, which is really high. i'm trying to remember how coastermania went at Cedar Point.......i think it was just pay 1 fee, get entry into the park and all the special event stuff (granted you were a member of an approved club). thanks for the input

^ CoasterMania has been free with park admission. Details about this year's event have yet to be announced, but registration will be required.

Flash is no longer required for the desktop ticket store.

Never mind. These tickets are apparently being sold through KI's corporate ticket store, which still requires Flash on a Desktop computer. The main ticket store on visitkingsisland.com was migrated to HTML late last year.

If you register on mobile, you should be able to save the ticket link and visit it later on your desktop to purchase & print your ticket. Of course, don't share the ticket link here or on other public sites, as tickets are useless unless you register first.

• Like 1

^ Flash is no longer required for the desktop ticket store. So, as a temporarily solution, you could set your mobile browser to request the desktop version of the site. You could then go to the purchase link from the confirmation page to purchase your ticket(s) as if you were on a desktop.

Instructions:

EDIT: This seems to be using the corporate ticket store instead of the standard desktop ticket store, so Flash is still required.

Yeah, just found out the hard way. Why in 2015 do people still use flash?

• Like 1

Yeah, just found out the hard way. Why is 2015 do people still use flash?

The Flash plugin is slowly being phased out by Adobe, but many older sites are still written in ways that require it. The special ticket store used for events and corporate discounts has yet to be updated.

Your ticket needs to be printed to paper, so you're going to end up using a desktop at some point anyway.

Your ticket needs to be printed to paper, so you're going to end up using a desktop at some point anyway.

Chrome for Android has printing capabilities built-in. It can even print to PDF if desired. Said PDF should be scannable at the park, they just might take the paper copy for the event at some point.

• Like 1

^ According to the event page, everyone who attends must be registered, and each registrant must be an active member of their selected club/organization.

Now would be a good time to make sure that anyone you want to bring is a member of one of the approved clubs. Most offer family memberships for people residing at the same address.

• Like 5

Directly from the registration page

To participate in Coasterstock, you must be an active member of one of the approved roller coaster clubs and organizations listed on the registration form. After submitting your registration, you will receive a link to purchase your Coasterstock tickets. Park admission is required to participate in this event. Registration and ticket sales end April 30 at midnight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got my ticket. Funny thing. Somehow it used my email that use for PayPal instead of the email I provided. Sue enough it was sitting in my inbox. Ticket is printed and digital copy on my phone. :). Sucks I will miss out on that Saturday morning events. I am running a 5k that morning. So I am literally crossing the finish line, hop in the car, then home and shower , the up to KI.

• Like 4

I haven't found any info regarding this: is there a capacity limit or will tickets be sold up until the cutoff date (April 30)? I won't be able to find out if I'm free that weekend until early April so I'm just wondering whether or not tickets would still be available. Since I haven't seen anything about a capacity max I'm going to guess that there isn't one but just wanted to make sure.

• Like 4

I haven't found any info regarding this: is there a capacity limit or will tickets be sold up until the cutoff date (April 30)? I won't be able to find out if I'm free that weekend until early April so I'm just wondering whether or not tickets would still be available. Since I haven't seen anything about a capacity max I'm going to guess that there isn't one but just wanted to make sure.

Tickets for Coasterstock will be available to purchase through April 30. Hopefully you will have the weekend of May 16-17 free so you can attend. You won't want to miss it!

• Like 13

Facing one of the hardest decisions ever. That is also the weekend of qualifications for the Indy 500. I was really hoping 2 awesome events would not "bang heads". Hopeful that the park will adjust the schedule next year to save me this vexation. As for now I am still torn, first Coasterstock vs. first chance to see the new aerokits capabilities. Some are saying pole could be around 235 mph. I suck at decisions, and this is a tough one.

• Like 6