Coasterstock at Kings Island

ohiocolts

I still REALLY want to go, but don't think it will happen this year.

Does anybody know if you have to be there for every part of the event, or if it's possible to miss the morning portion and pick up with the event/group at lunch? It would save some cash to not have to get a hotel and, frankly, not sure I want to see *all* of the stuff.

Does anybody know if you have to be there for every part of the event, or if it's possible to miss the morning portion and pick up with the event/group at lunch? It would save some cash to not have to get a hotel and, frankly, not sure I want to see *all* of the stuff.

You're aware that this is a 2-day event, right?

If you joined the event at lunch (on Sunday), you would have missed hours of ERT, guest speakers & dinner the previous day.

• Like 2

Facing one of the hardest decisions ever. That is also the weekend of qualifications for the Indy 500. I was really hoping 2 awesome events would not "bang heads". Hopeful that the park will adjust the schedule next year to save me this vexation. As for now I am still torn, first Coasterstock vs. first chance to see the new aerokits capabilities. Some are saying pole could be around 235 mph. I suck at decisions, and this is a tough one.

Well.....I say, Coasterstock, you and the wife need to see me :)

• Like 6

Facing one of the hardest decisions ever. That is also the weekend of qualifications for the Indy 500. I was really hoping 2 awesome events would not "bang heads". Hopeful that the park will adjust the schedule next year to save me this vexation. As for now I am still torn, first Coasterstock vs. first chance to see the new aerokits capabilities. Some are saying pole could be around 235 mph. I suck at decisions, and this is a tough one.

#FirstWorldProblems :)

Hopefully you'll make the right choice.

• Like 7

Tickets for Coasterstock will be available to purchase through April 30. Hopefully you will have the weekend of May 16-17 free so you can attend. You won't want to miss it!

Thank you Don! That'a great to know. If my Science Olympiad team makes it to Nationals this year, that's the weekend when it would be. However we won't find out until mid April so I'm glad to hear I'll still be able to buy tickets if we end up not qualifying. I'll still get a coaster club membership soon too since I'll be using it for other events like Coastermania. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • Like 5

Well.....I say, Coasterstock, you and the wife need to see me :)

We do!! But I have a long tradition at the track. She has already said she's doing Coasterstock. And I must admit I'm, leaning that way.It's still not an easy decision, years of tradition down the drain, and a passion. Don't know if you've ever been, but Indy qualifying can be quite intense. Just entering that place makes chills run up my spine.

• Like 5

I don't know if this will sway you one way or the other but---I talked to some Indy car guys (crew member and a car chief) last Sat.and I was told the aero kits don't make much of a difference even after months in the wind tunnel.There is little difference in the oval kits but more in the road course kits.(You know the crews will go crazy and start stripping pieces off of them on Pole Day no matter what as always)

I for one will be at IMS that weekend as well as the weekend before and after.

Later,

Mark

• Like 2

Tickets are on sale through April 30th, there isn't a specific number of tickets to be sold.

No age restriction, but all who attend must follow all park posted rules as well as the rules for their coaster clubs.

On that, you have to have a current and active membership with an affiliated Coaster Club to attend.

All of the other information you need to know can be found here: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/images/uploads/file/Coasterstock(3).pdf

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I know I am going to get 'terped' for this :P . But does anyone know the exact reason why Cedar Fair doesn't send confirmation emails when registering for these events? You have to pre-register online for both Coastermania and Coasterstock events and you are told that you will not receive a confirmation email while signing up. I haven't run into this issue yet but I can't help but wonder if someone's registration somehow didn't go through would they be excluded from the event? I mean I know I wouldn't be happy if I bought tickets, drove 6+ hours to an event, and ended up being excluded from an event because of a technical error that could have been solved by an automatic confirmation email.

• Like 7

^ The site has an on-screen success message after the form is submitted. If your registration didn't go through, you wouldn't see this confirmation screen.

If you want to save a confirmation for your records, I would recommend taking a screenshot of that message.

• Like 4

^ The site has an on-screen success message after the form is submitted. If your registration didn't go through, you wouldn't see this confirmation screen.

If you want to save a confirmation for your records, I would recommend taking a screenshot of that message.

Oh. I didn't see that message on either page that I signed up. Where was that message located?