Coasterstock at Kings Island

ohiocolts

You also missed Jeff Gramke's talk. Leaned something new today. I did not know that KI had another in-house woodie designed and trains ordered to be built where Diamondback stands now.. The plan was backed out as Paramount purchased the park. But he still has the design. Apparently it was designed with the same John Allen inspiration The Beast was. So another black mark caused by Paramount.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 6

Yes, it has been even better than I expected. Heck, just the souvenir cup and meals covered the price of the event, and were far from being the best part. I love Coasterstock!

I even liked the free ride photos we got. What was the best part of the meal?

Certainly not the Ribs!

• Like 4

I couldn't even spit apart the ribs they were so tough...today's meal was good though, just simply burgers and hot dogs.

Coasterstock was pretty awesome. I've never done a Beast tour before until today. I also loved Speigel's talk yesterday. And ERT on The Beast/Diamondback (not Vortex, yikes). Lots of good stuff! I can't wait to see what they have planned next year...

• Like 8

You also missed Jeff Gramke's talk. Leaned something new today. I did not know that KI had another in-house woodie designed and trains ordered to be built where Diamondback stands now.. The plan was backed out as Paramount purchased the park. But he still has the design. Apparently it was designed with the same John Allen inspiration The Beast was. So another black mark caused by Paramount.

I'm hoping they have guest speakers of this caliber next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Has there been a change with OSHA? One ride operator would not let me ride The Beast because I needed three clicks and another operator said only two was now needed. I got my midnight ride last night, but I wasted an hour in line and took the walk of shame. I knew not to even try Diamondback.

• Like 1

Has there been a change with OSHA? One ride operator would not let me ride The Beast because I needed three clicks and another operator said only two was now needed. I got my midnight ride last night, but I wasted an hour in line and took the walk of shame. I knew not to even try Diamondback.

OSHA is concerned with worker and workplace safety. It has nothing to do with public ride safety, but rather worker safety of those workers operating, maintaining or riding rides.

• Like 4

And to the added chagrin of the shoe thrower's family, we also noticed that they were hiding a puppy in the bottom of a stroller covered by a shirt.

Devan told this to one of the ride ops and she was quite perplexed as she looked back at the stroller. That part was really funny... but the part where someone could have gotten seriously hurt was not.

• Like 6

Which devan is who on this Forum?

Sorry, I honestly do not know any names except for user names.

I saw Secy walking quickly back to that area, but didn't think much of it.

On another note, I have successfully went a few shades darker on the tan spectrum from this event!

I'd say sounds like someone didn't know what they were talking about. 3 clicks is alot considering I believe 5 is the max.
  • Like 2

I'd say sounds like someone didn't know what they were talking about. 3 clicks is alot considering I believe 5 is the max.

Actually, I believe 4 is the max...

To answer last page's question, the best part of both meals was dessert, for me anyway. Some excellent cake Saturday and blue ice cream Sunday. I probably should have just skipped the actual food and went straight to dessert.

I don't know when I've ever had so much fun or been as tired as I am after this weekend. And I even went home at 7 Saturday.

• Like 5

Sorry, double posted. But so it's not wasted, I will mention I won the "Social Media Rockstar" prize for my Twitter activities. Got some really cool old pictures (I will post later), a Banshee paperweight, and two tickets to the park (which is excellent because my husband doesn't have a pass).

• Like 12

I had a blast as well even though I didn't get to the park until a little after 12:30 on Sunday.

ERT was quite rewarding. Ride count for the final 90 minutes Sunday:

Adventure Express - 3, including last train of the night (ERT for that ended at 9)

Banshee - 2

Beast - 2 (also including last train of the night on that ride)

Woodstock Gliders - 2

• Like 2

Hating I didn't get to do the Coasterstock thing, but still got 2 solid days on this weekend. Seeing I didn't plan 

on going at all this weekend.

You would not believe, when you get devastating news how a couple days at the park

(or anything you love, for that matter) just how, relaxing, it can be.

Everyone should be so lucky.......

• Like 10

Congrats Magenta Lizard!

The kids really like to see how many steps we hit when we visit the park so I thought I'd share - Saturday was 25,646 and Sunday was 22,114. This is likely low as the few steps to walk forward in queue aren't normally counted. With my short height, that is just under 20 miles.

The nephew had a great time (as did I, but the focus was on him this weekend). He really enjoyed the behind the scenes moments and the ERT. He was super pumped that he won another basketball - which we promptly walked out to the car.

It was interesting to see him react to experiences that are new to him - being there as the park slowly wakes up, hearing rides being tested, going behind the scenes, and being in a park with everything closed except for three rides. While waiting for BLSC ERT, we heard someone say over a speaker "Good Night Coney Mall" and that made me smile.

Poor kid was dragging a bit at times as his very structured sleep schedule so did not happen. He crashed in the car on the way home yesterday afternoon.

I really appreciate all the work that went into this weekend and experience!

freaks76 - I'm sorry. :( I get it as I've done it myself often and am planning my June trip around this idea. This weekend was a good release for me.

• Like 8

The kids really like to see how many steps we hit when we visit the park so I thought I'd share - Saturday was 25,646 and Sunday was 22,114. This is likely low as the few steps to walk forward in queue aren't normally counted. With my short height, that is just under 20 miles.

My husband got me a Fitbit last season, and I've enjoyed tracking my steps too. Yesterday, since I was there from 6:30 till 10:30, I hit my record so far: just short of 40,000 steps. When I got home and saw I was about 700 away, it was tempting to circle the living room to break 40k, but I was just too tired and sore :) That came out to be something like 16 1/2 miles. I've noticed that I generally walk about a mile for every hour I'm at the park.

Eventually we should start some sort of step counting thread for those of us who are into it.

• Like 7