Coasterstock at Kings Island

ohiocolts

This is an email I got about the event from Sara, the events supervisor at KI.  As a reminder, you must have already purchased a ticket to attend.  The registration deadline for this event has passed.

We hope you’re just as excited about this weekend as we are!

Below are specific instructions for this weekend.  It’s important that you follow these instructions; otherwise you may miss out on a portion of the Coasterstock event.

Driving Instructions for Saturday morning:
Enter the parking lot through One Team Way (Associate entrance) located off Western Row Road (Sunoco Gas Station is across the street from this entrance). You will go through three (3) security posts and will be directed into the parking lot above handicapped parking area.
One Team Way will open on Saturday at 6:30 a.m.

Check-in Saturday morning:
Check-in will begin at 6:30 a.m.  at the check-in windows located to the left of the front gate. In order to check-in, collect your items and gain entry into the Coasterstock event, you must show a photo ID along with a valid membership card from the Coaster Club/Organization you registered under.
At check-in, you will receive your event t-shirt, souvenir bottle, lapel pin, two on-ride photo vouchers and event lanyard.  You are responsible for all of these items.  Lost or stolen items cannot be replaced.
You must either use your season pass or event ticket to gain entrance to the park for the weekend.
The Kings Island team will also provide more information on the event upon check-in.  Should you arrive after 10:30 a.m., check-in will move to Guest Services located to the right of the front gate.

Driving Instructions for Sunday morning:
Tolls will open at 6:30 a.m. for your access.  The Front Gate will open at 7:00 a.m. and we’ll begin the walk back for the behind-the-scenes tour of the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad at 7:20 a.m.  If you arrive after 7:20 a.m., you must wait outside the Front Gate until 9:00 a.m. and then you can join in morning ERT.

Behind The Scenes Photo Opportunities and Tours
Please plan to arrive for the behind the scenes photo opportunities and tours 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
The photo opportunities and tours will begin promptly at the scheduled times.  Late arrivals will not be permitted to join a behind the scenes photo opportunity or tour already in progress.

Photo Contest:
Share your photos on Twitter and Instagram using #Coasterstock. The photo that has the most retweets/favorites or likes by the end of ERT Sunday night wins. It’s that simple. The winner will be announced at the conclusion of the two-day event and will receive a unique Kings Island prize package.

Social Media Rock Stars:
Show everyone what they’re missing by not being a part of the inaugural Coasterstock event by tweeting about all that’s happening using #Coastertock. The three (3) Coasterstock participants that do the best job of covering the event on Twitter will receive prizes including the grand prize of a wheel from the Firehawk roller coaster. Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the two-day event on Sunday.
You may begin the competition now by Tweeting you’re going to Kings Island this weekend for #Coasterstock and sharing what you’re most looking forward to during the two-day event.

Park Policies
All park guidelines and policies are in place and expected to be followed by all participants during this event.
In the event of inclement weather, some attractions may close until conditions permit safe operation. This includes the scheduled ERT times.

See you this weekend!

• Like 2

Facing one of the hardest decisions ever. That is also the weekend of qualifications for the Indy 500. I was really hoping 2 awesome events would not "bang heads". Hopeful that the park will adjust the schedule next year to save me this vexation. As for now I am still torn, first Coasterstock vs. first chance to see the new aerokits capabilities. Some are saying pole could be around 235 mph. I suck at decisions, and this is a tough one.

I'm also a huge fan of the VICS. The wife will be making her first ever trip to the 500 in a couple weeks. We are extremely excited.

On subject, can someone tell me more about these coaster clubs? I have become sort of addicted to KI with having a season pass. I wish I had bought the platinum as I would love to go up to CP at some point.

• Like 1

So they're having a Twitter/Instagram contest going for Coasterstock. Prizes will be given for the people who post pics that get the most retweets/favorites (and a separate contest for who documents the whole weekend best). Since they said we can start early, I started while I was at the park today.

My Twitter handle is @maglizrd. Please, if anyone else on the boards is participating, let us know yours too so we can follow you and like your posts. :)

• Like 3

I am hoping for one of the meals to be in the International Restaurant. Its been several years since I have been in there. It and the Picnic Grove would be the places least disruptive to normal business.

If 500 are attending then that's way too many for the IR.
  • Like 7

I am hoping for one of the meals to be in the International Restaurant. Its been several years since I have been in there. It and the Picnic Grove would be the places least disruptive to normal business.

If 500 are attending then that's way too many for the IR.

That is true. Is the figure accurate?

Yes, the picnic grove is where the dinner and lunch and to gain admission to dinner and lunch your lanyard is required.

• Like 2

If it is.......500 stacked in the Banshee ques is not what I consider a productive ERT.

Well I figure not all 500 are going to be there for the morning ERT and some of that number will be at The Bat. So lets say we have 400 people in the queue at all times, and you get off and get back in that queue to ride again. It is going to take appropriately 11 trains to cycle about 400 people through. Assuming they are sending a train of enthusiasts out every 2 minutes that will be 45 trains sent during that ERT. Divide that by your 11 train wait, you should get 4 rides in during ERT if my math is correct. 

• Like 5

I honestly don't think it will be too bad. Even if all 400 attendees show up right at 8am, people will spread out and take advantage of all rides that are open for ERT. I plan to take advantage of Drop Tower and Delirium ERT as well since those rides typically have longer lines when they park is busy.

• Like 4

There's no way I can stay till midnight Saturday, and still make it to the train tour Sunday morning, even as little as I sleep most nights, considering an hour total drive time and a shower, etc. As much as I'd like to do both, I can ride the rides at night other times, can't do the train tour another time.

I hope they let us see inside Fort Coney. That would be awesome!

• Like 2