Coasterstock at Kings Island

ohiocolts

I am looking forward to the train tour , as it is the one part of the park I have not seen behind the scenes. What one free item are you most looking forward to receiving ? T-shirt, pin, souvenir cup(free refills 2 days) or on-ride photos for The Beast and Banshee? Just curious ?

Me too! Other than the swag (I was happy enough about a t-shirt, now it sounds like we're getting pins and stuff too) it's the thing I've been most excited about. Even though I try to spy the house through knotholes in the fort every time I ride the train, the idea I might see inside on the tour didn't even occur to me until my husband mentioned it earlier today. Now I'm even more excited about it!

• Like 4

Me too! Other than the swag

Some don't need swag, as they already have it. It's great gifts nevertheless, should be considered a very valuable.

BB1, the swaggermeister in the swaggerwagon.

• Like 2

Where was the unlimited refills confirmed?

At Ride Warriors Weekend in 2009, all attendees were given free drinks both days (free drink wristbands). Obviously things are different now (different CF CEO, possibly different events/marketing people at KI, though Don is still in the same role he was in back then), but I wouldn't be surprised if we get free drinks both days this time around as well. Either way, I'd be happy just to have an event to go to. Getting a shirt, pin, two free on-ride photos and a souvenir cup on top of all that is more than generous.

• Like 2

Me too! Other than the swag (I was happy enough about a t-shirt, now it sounds like we're getting pins and stuff too) it's the thing I've been most excited about. Even though I try to spy the house through knotholes in the fort every time I ride the train, the idea I might see inside on the tour didn't even occur to me until my husband mentioned it earlier today. Now I'm even more excited about it!

I'll go on record and say it will be very unlikely that we'll see the inside of the fort.  In all likelihood, it will be the exact same tour that KIC was honored enough to get a few years ago: board the train which will take you around to the train storage shed, where they will back the train into the shed and give you information and history of the trains & engines, with time for questions and answers.  The train tour is well worth the time to take, especially if you're into trains and/or park history.  I'm thrilled to get the chance to do it again!

Sorry to crush your dreams.  As many times as I saw that house while driving along the employee drive entrance from the time I started working at the park in 1989 until they enclosed it in the fort, I'd love to see it again today myself!

• Like 2

I was excited enough about the train tour before my husband mentioned the house in the fort, so it's not crushing my dreams. Fort Coney or not, it's one of the things I'm looking most forward to. I like your description of the previous tour, too, because that sounds likely to be less affected by rain than many of the other things happening this weekend.

• Like 1

Through some strange quirk of fate, one of my tweets is very close in the running for the most favorited/retweeted prize. As far as I can tell, it is second only to a tweet that got a lot of attention when@KingsIslandPR retweeted it. I was actually trying for the most comprehensive coverage prize, but I'll take what I can get :)

Of all my tweets today, the one in the running is probably my least favorite :-/

If you want to help me win, please go retweet:

https://twitter.com/maglizrd/status/599592251799515136

• Like 5

Me and a buddy decided about 3:00 we was gonna make a run up to the park. 

Killed me to leave and watch people stay and ride more. :D

Totally missed the boat on this one. 

Tomorrow (or today, depends how ya look at it) looks like it's gonna be decent weather. hope everyone has a great time!

• Like 3

Based on what I saw from numerous KIC users on Facebook, looks like I missed a great event., especially Dennis Spiegel talking about the history of the park.

If there's a similar event taking place next year, you can bet I'll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I'm sure others noticed, but there was an unusual amount if attractions that closed throughout the day or were closed. Monster was partially dismantled, im guessing its for a motor replacement. Maybe it will get an SRR upgrade and light package. :)

Dodge Ems shut down late in the day. FOF was down. WindSeeker was down until early evening. Planet Snoopy was hit the worst with Surf Dog, Helicopters, and Aerial Chase all down. Seemed like the walking dead by afternoon, with people skipping the longer lines and just....walking. Still was a good time though. (I was in the park, but not at Coasterstock. That event was probably worth the ERT for certain....never saw so many busses in the lot, though!!!)

• Like 4