Arcade in Coney Mall

myklhicks

Between this arcade closing and Shake Rattle & Roll's sign being removed, I'm starting to wonder how this end of Coney Mall will look in 2015.

It will be interesting to see whether there are more changes nearby in the coming weeks. I'd like to see a refresh of the area that includes the ICEE stand and Flight Commander's queue, immediately south of the arcade.

• Like 6

Maybe it's just going to be closed for a few months and then reopen as the arcade next season?

Crossthreading.

Why would KI close the arcade during the middle of a season? Anything they could possibly do to it for next season wouldn't necessitate closing it 2 months early. This being the location of a future Haunt makes the most sense.

Maybe it's just going to be closed for a few months and then reopen as the arcade next season?

Crossthreading.

[...] This being the location of a future Haunt makes the most sense.

Given his "cross-threading" remark, and the thread that had just been created at that time, I'm guessing that that was exactly what he was trying to get at. :)

• Like 2

Wasn't this arcade used for a Fearfest (under Paramount) maze at one time, or was that the other Coney arcade (the big one near Zephyr)?

Actually (the other arcade), the storage room behind "Wack-a-mole" was used and you entered in front of the Break A Plate game. You entered through the door on the right when facing the game. There was a Mummy attraction and later a mummy/vampire attraction for Fearfest.

You might even still see green/black paint or tape on the ground headed to the door. I haven't looked since the repaving of Coney Mall.

• Like 2

Yea definitely a perfect spot for a maze and would make sense for why it got shut down mid season. Wonder is we'll be getting another new maze in addition to the revamped Slaughterhouse. Though I hope it's just a standard maze and not an alone upcharge one.

As for Coney Mall itself with the removal of it and likely SR&R I hope we get some sort of Coney Mall upgrade for next year with a couple new flats. And redo the south end of the Coney Mall area.

• Like 3

First off, welcome to KIC! If you want to know what is up with Shake, Rattle, and Roll see this discussion: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/29812-whats-up-with-shake-rattle-and-roll/

I also recommend you see the Terms of Service if you haven't already. It will help you as a new member. Read it thoroughly.

Again, welcome to KIC! Just remember, "search" is your friend!

• Like 2