Arcade in Coney Mall

myklhicks

Are the prices the same for Haunt as they are during the regular season?

(I'm pretty new here :D )

If you mean single-day admission, Saturday tickets are typically the same price as regular summer tickets. Tickets for Fridays and Sundays, those days being essentially half days compared to Saturdays, are usually priced significantly lower.

Thanks!

Would those half-day tickets be the around the same price as the after 4:00 admission tickets that are on sale now? ($27.99)

Similar, maybe a little higher price. I haven't paid attention to the prices in the past since I have a Gold Pass, but I'd guess around $25 to $35. Probably cheaper online than at the gate, as usual.

Thanks!

Would those half-day tickets be the around the same price as the after 4:00 admission tickets that are on sale now? ($27.99)

last year friday tickets were between 22 to 24 dollars and saturdays were 29 and i remember sundays were also the same price as they were during the summer the best deal is saturdays from previous ticket prices for all day at the park but just haunt is fridays

To all of the people suggesting that Coney is getting revamped, I for one would be more than a little disappointed. Of all the sections in the park, Coney is least in need of a makeover in my book (besides the newly renovated Action Zone, that is).

I'd be surprised if this weren't Haunt related. I noticed today that Tower Gardens is closed off. I'm guessing that they're starting to get things ready. Haunt is the part of the year where Kings Island really shines. It's no secret that Kings Island's Haunt is not only one of the busiest (and therefore theoretically moneymaking) parts of the season. Might as well prepare early. Compared to a coaster, these mazes are cheap and go up quick, but give it a little extra time and you can make something grand without spending a whole lot more money. I wouldn't be surprised if the short-term ROI for a new Haunt maze is actually higher than a major coaster in its first season.

• Like 6

Yea I agree a bit. Rather see Oktoberfest and International Street get some TLC first. But with an empty arcade aside from Haunt and the theatre by WindSeeker no longer being used and now the Troika being down (though confirmed to be coming back next season) that end is getting a bit bare and has the most space for additions.

As to the people saying they hate seeing the arcade taken out for a haunt to be standing empty the rest of the year. They can always put something back into the inbetween like they do with some locations. And if not it's not like we are losing too much anyway. There is another arcade either direction not too far. and they can out some stalls or carts there to block the view of a SBNO building during the regular season as well.

• Like 1

I would say Coney is pretty high up on the list in terms of lands that could benefit from a renovation.

Could be the most charming area in the park, by far.

Buildings re-painted classic white and blue. Racer re-painted in its red, white, and blue. Chaser lights on Racer. Flashing, matching incandescent bulbs on all the family flat rides. Matching trees planted down the center planters. Lights strung up in the trees and retro, geometric sunshades (see Gemini Midway, 2014). Affectionately retro (but not obnoxious) matching marquees advertising "GAMES" "SNACKS" "POPCORN" "RACER" "MONSTER" "TROIKA" "SCRAMBLER."

And for those who aren't big into film, Marvel / Disney's new Guardians of the Galaxy in on-track to be a Frozen-type viral hit, thanks in part to its soundtrack... entirely made up of songs from the 1960s and 1970s, played in the film via a cassette "mix tape." "Cherry Bomb." "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." "Fooled Around and Fell In Love." "Come And Get Your Love." To hear those classics playing in Coney Mall would be wonderful. Oh, and you know... accurate.

The music of my parents' generation. My mom would lose it if "Come and Get Your Love" played in the park. And, who is it who brings the wallet? Certainly not the Katy Perry generation, and yet...

• Like 7