Holiday World 7/30/14

coasterfanatic83

My girlfriend and I went to Holiday World yesterday for part of our anniversary celebration. She had never been, so we were very excited to go! It was a beautiful weather day in southern Indiana. Here are some notes and photos from our trip!

• The Voyage is still my #1 coaster anywhere. Especially in the back seat. Wow!
  • Wildebeest > Mammoth
  • We ate at the Kringle Kafe and the Plymouth Rock Cafe. Both were fairly priced and had pretty decent food.
  • It was nice to enjoy an actual LAZY river. I missed those.
  • Last time I was at Holiday World, I was met at the gate by Pat Koch. Its a shame she isn't around any longer.
  • The GOCC discount ticket was very nice. And free drinks, suncreen, WIFI, etc... Saving money is always a plus!
  • There was a lot of buzz around the Thunderbird sign, which I will have a picture of below. Many people were calling their friends and telling them all about the sign they were reading, and taking pictures to send to their friends. And the new orange track looks very crisp! I am excited for this ride!
  • Gobbler Getaway blows BBOBH out of the water. I love that ride.
  • I said it yesterday, but the drive on I-64 from Louisville to the park is beautiful. Winding through Indiana's fields and forests is truly a wonderful sight this time of year. Especially with the sun at our back on the way home. Wow!
  • My girlfriend is not a big fan of wooden coasters, so her favorite ride in the park was Wildebeest. What she loved about the park was the attention to detail. The little things like everything being part of a theme, the overall cleanliness, and an obvious attention to keeping the decor looking fresh really blew her away!
  • I really enjoyed this trip, and I can't wait to get back next year for Thunderbird. Holiday World is one of those parks that will always put a smile on your face, no matter what! One of the best!

Here are some photos from our trip!

Welcome to Santa Claus, Indiana!

281wri1.jpg

szjwxw.jpg

Potentially the coolest grandma in the world.

1zmh2cl.jpg

im30r4.jpg

x0sjdw.jpg

30day3d.jpg

149tap5.jpg

Here is the Thunderbird sign in the Thanksgiving section of the park.

29pf7rr.jpg

2zr0o5u.jpg

Felt a little artsy with the sun shining on the nativity scene.

24llbop.jpg

nwj61s.jpg

2memab.jpg

rupa34.jpg

Overall, it was a fantastic trip to a fantastic park. Despite the 8 hour drive round trip, we had a great day! I am blessed to have spent it with such a wonderful friend :)

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post below! Merry Christmas! :)

• Like 9

See Splash Adventure's Facebook, more specifically this picture (and others): https://www.facebook.com/SplashAdventureWaterpark/photos/pb.78871446304.-2207520000.1407045554./10152200405761305/?type=3&theater

Not to say she still isn't at Holiday World, because I certainly don't know for sure. But from the looks of it, Pat, Dan, and Natalie have all moved to Alabama.

• Like 4