New Winter attraction at the Beach

This is great news; simply under the belief that Murphy's Law always applies, and realizing that the greatest threat to a snow tubing park is weather too warm to create your own snow, having a winter with those conditions beats the snot out of what we had last winter.

My dreams of a no sub freezing conditions winter aside, best of luck to The Beach, sounds like fun; may have to check it out and sounds like it will fill a void in that part of the state. Only other tubing I can think of is up in Mad River and out at Perfect North. While I'm sure those tubing coarses are significantly better than what The Beach will offer this winter, having something that South Dayton and Eastern Cincy can reach in half an hour vs the hour + trip to each of those respective places has a chance to be a big hit.

• Like 2

The technology is fascinating for this. With proper preparation, they can create quality snow up to something like 85 degrees.

This is the point where I tell you where they screwed up...

Part 1:

The Hours:

Monday – Thursday: 1:00pm – 9:30pm (non-holiday)

Friday & Saturday: 9:30am – 1:00am

Sunday & Holidays: 9:30am – 9:30pm

This kind of screams "family attraction" and a darn fine one... so 1am? Really? I bet it'll be packed..

Part II:

They aren't sure how much it costs.

Pricing under "snow tubing" (which is where they say you can find pricing on their FB

Non Holiday/Non Weekend Holiday/Weekend
10-100: $16.00 per person 10-100: $15.00 per person
101-200: $19.00 per person 101-200: $18.00 per person

Pricing under "group rates"

Non Holiday/Non Weekend Holiday/Weekend
10-100: $16.00 per person 10-100: $15.00 per person
101-200: $19.00 per person 101-200: $18.00 per person

Yep - exact same info. So if me and 8 of my closest friends want to go, we're not invited? Or do we pay the same rate as a group of 80? The pricing structure doesn't make sense.

Part III:

The FAQ

It's blank.

---

With all that being said, I do hope that they can pull this together and have a very successful program. They can have a really fun activity there that could be very profitable for them. We'll have to have a KIC meeting there this Winter.

http://www.thebeachmountain.com/

• Like 4

What's the incentive to bring a group if the cost per person goes UP as the group size increases?

I get it - you don't want to overwhelm the park with a massive group... But if my group of 150 people was visiting, I'd pay $19.00 per person. If I purchase the tickets as two groups of 75, I'd pay $16.00 per ticket – $450.00 less.

Or am I reading this wrong?

What's the incentive to bring a group if the cost per person goes UP as the group size increases?

I get it - you don't want to overwhelm the park with a massive group... But if my group of 150 people was visiting, I'd pay $19.00 per person. If I purchase the tickets as two groups of 75, I'd pay $16.00 per ticket – $450.00 less.

Or am I reading this wrong?

You're reading it right, we just don't know if the information on the site is correct.

I renewed my Beach season pass for 2015 this morning. At that time, I was told that a 2015 pass includes discounted admission to Beach Mountain this winter, but they don't know how much of a discount yet. So I'd say that they are still working out some of the details.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 2

Should be interesting to see how this works, but as it stands right now, the prices are quite steep compared to the area's other popular snow-tubing place (Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg, Indiana):

Non-Holiday/Non-Weekends:

$25 per person unlimited tubing ($20 for groups of 15-99, $15 for groups of 100+)

Holidays/Weekends:

$25 for 2 hours ($20 for groups)

$30 for 3 hours ($25 for groups)

Also note that for the holiday/weekend prices, you can add additional hours for $5 per hour at time of purchase or $10 per hour after session ends.

IIRC, the prices for a single rider at Beach Mountain was $24 for 1 hour(its on the website, but not easy to find) If that is the case, and the prices for Mad River are similar to the prices above for Perfect North they are going to alienate a lot of their potential customer base. The kind that would have made the 20 min track to The Beach, but based upon prices will turn the other direction and drive an hour plus for more tubing at a lower cost.

They should also probably have some sort of kid disscount (at least during certain times) I'd consider taking my 6 year old and 2 year old (assuming it was something safe for a 2 year old, don't know if that would be or not) but at $50 for an hour for both of them, plus another $50 for mom & dad, forget about it. I'll find a local hill on the days that it snows and get in 30 minutes of sledding for free. Perhaps that is just the cost of doing business and they'll find a line beating down their door, but from my perspective, you probably won't get me in the door.

• Like 2

I may have erred, perhaps the $24 is for 2 hours, seems much better now. However, the website is confusing, so I could be wrong upon double checking. Probably should have cleaned up that portion a little bit more and made it clearer prior to announcement so as to not turn off potential customers before a single snow flake falls.

• Like 1