Totally 80s store not everything is from the 80s

kingsislandfan1972

The store is a representation of things that were popular in the 80's. Things like Star Wars, the movie "Child's Play," etc were all very poplar during that era. Also, cable TV came to popularity and rekindled popular shows such as "I Love Lucy" with the introduction of syndication in television.

So the intention of the store isn't solely to sell products from 1980-1989, it's a representation of popular culture in the 1980's.

• Like 10

My complaint about the 80s store was they had nothing in men's sizes. The biggest I saw in there was large. If they're going to sell retro 80s gear, how about stocking some sizes for middle aged guys like myself that were not only alive in the 80s, but remember all the things being sold. Just some extra large stuff would be a good start.

• Like 6

My complaint about the 80s store was they had nothing in men's sizes. The biggest I saw in there was large. If they're going to sell retro 80s gear, how about stocking some sizes for middle aged guys like myself that were not only alive in the 80s, but remember all the things being sold. Just some extra large stuff would be a good start.

I have a good connection in merch. I'll pass along the fact that you are having trouble finding the sizes you need. That's information that they like to know.
  • Like 3

I really wanted to buy the Gremlins poster ( one of my alltime favorite movies.) , but sadly I didnt have any money, next time though.

How much are the posters & which movies do they have? May check out the store the next time I'm at the park

I can envision the 90's store... The Mrs. Pac Man/Galaga game would be replaced with "Mortal Kombat," the Breakfast Club shirts would give way to "Scream" and "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" apparel; Cyndi Lauper and Depeche Mode music would become Nirvana, Korn and Mariah Carey, Rubik's Cubes would be replaced with POGs and Furbys..."Friends," "Jurassic Park," and "Seinfeld" posters everywhere!!! Aaaaagh... time marches on.

• Like 3

When will they ever bring the 90s to KI (the store & International Showplace)?!

A 90's store would be amazing!!!! :D

-MDMC, a huge fan of the 90's

EDIT/NOTE: I think they should have the 90's stuff in addition to the 80's store and show as the 80's are super popular.

• Like 2

When will they ever bring the 90s to KI (the store & International Showplace)?!

A 90's store would be amazing!!!! :D

-MDMC, a huge fan of the 90's

EDIT/NOTE: I think they should have the 90's stuff in addition to the 80's store and show as the 80's are super popular.

Maybe combine Thrill Seekers and 80's and have a nostalgic store with sections for the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's. Imagine the possibilities.
  • Like 3