Totally 80s store not everything is from the 80s

kingsislandfan1972

Something that impressed me about the store:

I only went to KI once last season. Walking past the store display window, I saw an OUTATIME California license plate, like the one on the time machine in Back to the Future. I eagerly entered, because it would have made the perfect gift for my husband. They didn't have any for sale, although the young man working did point me toward a t-shirt with the plate printed on the front. Last week, I went in the shop for awhile, and discovered they are now selling a version of the plates (flat plastic, not like a real plate, but still cool). It was a reasonable price, and I haven't seen them anywhere else for sale. I didn't buy one that day but intend to before the end of the season.

When I was in there this year, another woman around my age was complaining loudly to the person she was with, "how can it be an 80s store and there not be Transformers?!" I think she left, but I soon after walked by an entire end cap full of Transformers merchandise. I thought it was pretty funny.

• Like 4

Guest dtk1376

Seen Scooby-Doo! Stuff in the 80s store and it brought a smile to my face. The prices are unreal I could go to Wal-Mart,Kohl's or Target and get a T-Shirt cheaper.

Yes, but how would the quality compare?

Sometimes cheaper is cheaper as the goods are cheaply made and will not last.

Not always true, like the flashing plastic sword my daughter got last night there for $5 and she dropped no more than a couple feet this morning and it broke in half.

Guest dtk1376

I think you seem to be missing the point of my post. I'll clarify...

Things in the park are not more expensive than those inside a Walmart because they are made of better quality parts, it's because Kings Island marks items up, almost always.

Just stating what I thought was already the obvious, but it seems not...

• Like 1

I think you seem to be missing the point of my post. I'll clarify...

Things in the park are not more expensive than those inside a Walmart because they are made of better quality parts, it's because Kings Island marks items up, almost always.

Just stating what I thought was already the obvious, but it seems not...

As Terp said, sometimes, not always. The Tervis products, for example, are very expensive upon first glance. However they are similar in price to other Tervis products and they were priced that way because they're the best. In some cases, you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I bought a totally rockin Turtles shirt in the 80's store last year at haunt.  I was with my gf at the time.  We were waiting in line to pay for it and there was some kind of major delay.  Anyways we went over to the adjoining store and checked out there.  However, the employee checking us out failed to remove the plastic security device and it didnt sound as we left the store.  I tried putting the receipt somewhere that i'd remember where it was so I could take it back and have it removed this year.  However, I've somehow managed to forget what I did with it, or inadvertently have thrown it away.  Anyone have any ideas on how I might get that taken off now so I can actually finally wear the thing? 

• Like 1