Eating food in parking lot

Nick_Plummer

Fair point. Disney doesn't seem to have a problem with that, though it's a different demographic. I would suggest one of two things: either make that clear to the guest, both verbally and on the check, or simply include the tip in the plan (Disney does the latter at one of their character dining experiences).

Ah nvm, it took me to Medford's post, not yours when I refreshed new missed a whole post.

But I still doubt seeing it happen. Aside from tipping the service staff, the alcohol sales, etc. play a part. The menu seems to be entree/side/drink deal. A menu with that, appetizers, deserts, refills, etc. negates what other food offerings are avail in the park. Why go to Skyline when RHoF would give free refills on their drinks?

I still say, PUT A BAR IN THERE. I'd love to have a Manhattan or Gin Fizz, etc. while in there. Sorry but the bar in what's left Oktoberfest is a joke and makes terrible drinks (Hire me, I'll flair bartend that joint haha)

But I still doubt seeing it happen. Aside from tipping the service staff, the alcohol sales, etc. play a part. The menu seems to be entree/side/drink deal. A menu with that, appetizers, deserts, refills, etc. negates what other food offerings are avail in the park. Why go to Skyline when RHoF would give free refills on their drinks?

Neither the all-day nor all-season dining plans include beverages, so that's not a problem (and in a way that eases the issue of tipping; most patrons with dining plans will already be reaching for their wallet or purse to pay for drinks, so it's natural to throw in a tip as well). Appetizers and desserts could simply not be included, or perhaps the dining plans could include choice of one appetizer OR one dessert.

The point here is that it can be done. They would just have to work out the details.

• Like 1

The difference with Disney, is that they have many more sit down restaurants to offer, many of them with reservation lists and tiers. KI has 1 traditional sit down, table service restaurant. Get a handful more spread across the park and perhaps you can figure something out. Another possible snag, do the Reds collect a % of the revenue in exchange for the tie in to the franchise? If so, that could complicate the system a bit.

I agree that something "could be worked out" but it may not be in the best interest of the park and/or their patrons.

• Like 4

Can we bring our own gum into the park with us AND are we allowed to chew it in the parking lot?

Or must we buy special Cedar Fair gum - possibly Red Gold brand?

Hey - a new idea...ketchup flavored gum!

What will they think of next? Blue "fake" ice cream?

• Like 2

Can we bring our own gum into the park with us AND are we allowed to chew it in the parking lot?

Or must we buy special Cedar Fair gum - possibly Red Gold brand?

Hey - a new idea...ketchup flavored gum!

What will they think of next? Blue "fake" ice cream?

[\youtube]
  • Like 1

Prior to Paramount, gum was all over everything, including trees in WWC. Nothing like grabbing onto a gummy handrail. Now if they can only curb the spitting.

I haven't noticed them recently (maybe I'm just desensitized) but Cedar Fair's thing early on seemed to be that you were never more than a few steps from a trash can. You could often stand in place and count 30, 40, 50 around you.

Maybe they need to invest in spittoons instead. They would fit in Rivertown! ... I think??

• Like 1

Prior to Paramount, gum was all over everything, including trees in WWC. Nothing like grabbing onto a gummy handrail. Now if they can only curb the spitting.

Poor Phantom Theater was victim to excessive gum and spitting, especially at the end of its life.
  • Like 1

I just can't fathom what the big deal is. If you're not causing problems, raising heck and shooting flame throwers in the parking lot, what's wrong with eating out in your own personal vehicle? Nothing is what I see. Besides, some people DO have good allergies and may not be able to eat whats available at the park and some people just like to bring their own food and eat as much as they'd like without spending all their money on one meal.

I like to eat inside the part on occasion, but not all the time, as I would rather spend my money on something else rather than all of it on food. And sometimes its just nice to sit outside the park and take a break from the crowds and craziness to just sit back and enjoy some food in the confines of your own vehicle. I think we all have done this at some point in our time. I think like most of you have stated, someone isn't aware of the rules or they just felt like abusing their authority. I would be quite upset if my peaceful meal time was interrupted by nonsense "rules".

• Like 2

Personally, I think the rule should be if you can eat it while inside your car, it's ok. A PBJ sandwich or some drive-thru is no big deal. The people that throw a family reunion picnic in WindSeeker 37 (I don't know if that's actually a row) probably shouldn't be allowed to do that though.

In the end, it all comes down to clear messaging. The policies can suck, but as long as the park clearly communicates them via signage in the lot or where you pay parking, it's hard to dispute.

PS if anyone does ever want to have a cookout or something before KI, I live close to the park! BYOB though. (Bring Your Own Barbecue, of course)

• Like 2

Without knowing whether these people were actually in their car, or having a picnic in the asphalt or whatever, I can't pretend that Kings Island is evil, but if they actually are going around telling people that eating inside their vehicle is forbidden, then they really need to offer some legitimate food.

//

Note to Kings Island- Thank you for the fruit being sold between The Racer and Adventure Express. It was much appreciated when I needed something to eat at the park.

• Like 3

They were there 2 weeks ago. The only time I have seen security stop people about eating (2times) is when they were eating a sandwhich while walking to the front gate (more of a hey finish that first) and when a family drove into the handicap section, pulled up to the curb and have a picnic right there with fast food. The security truck was stopped and e was actively talking to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk