2019 Coaster?

Bansheeback

Before starting a new topic, always use the "search" feature for key words to make sure a topic about it doesn't already exist.

Even simpler, you posted this in the "Coming Attractions" section of the board. That's exactly the right place to put it, but you'll notice it's one of 6 topics there. Two of the others are "Next New Ride?" and "Will Diamondback Always Be The Tallest Ride at KI?" This kind of discussion – what's next? what kind of coaster? will it be big? what does the park need in its lineup? etc – is implicit in both of those topics, so discussion about this kind of thing fits perfectly there, no new topic needed.

Welcome to KIC. We're glad you're here! My advice for new folks is to treat this like a new school. We want to get to know you! But starting a new school, you'd probably lay low for a little while and listen more than you say. :) Don't be scared, but explore the forums and reply to some topics before starting new ones. It'll serve you well in the long run!

• Like 8

I know its a bit early, but what should it be??? I am hoping for either an Intamin Strata or Giga Coaster.

And avoid odd fonts, small sizes and colors with little contrast.

Some of us are on mobile, some are older. It would be nice to actually be able to read your posts without having to hit the reply button. Fancy is not better.

Or not.

• Like 6

If KI has something planned for 2019, it would probably be just now in development. I mean heck Wind Seeker was 5 years wasn't it? So maybe the park knows what attraction to build or maybe a budget but that's probably the max at the moment...

As for me, a new dark ride experience. Either something completely new built from the ground up or a major overhaul to Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, and changing it to something else.

Edit: lol, thanks Terpy!

• Like 2

Lol, "New for 2019! Booze Blasters on Booze Hill! This is truly a leap for the park, as we try and liquor up the parents as they try and deal with their kids all day. For the price of $15 you can ride Booze Blasters on Booze Hill, and try and drink as much alcohol you can and also with your Booze Blaster, you can shoot it at other people! You will get drunk, may get trashed!"

Note: This would be some bad PR,new ride, and bad parenting. I am dying of laughter right now lol!

• Like 6

Hey - they could replace all the "boos" with midget wrestling animatronics - even use Red Gold ketchup, doctored-up, for the blood! THEN add your booze and voila - instant new hit attraction that beats Pirates of the Caribbean any day!

• Like 6

Hey - they could replace all the "boos" with midget wrestling animatronics - even use Red Gold ketchup, doctored-up, for the blood! THEN add your booze and voila - instant new hit attraction that beats Pirates of the Caribbean any day!

Also no reports of finger tips being lost on the ride! So theirs that going for them too!

Midget Blaster on Booze Hill or Booze Blaster on Midget Hill.

• Like 2

Seeing a post from earlier, Why is it silly to think there will not be a new coaster for 2019? I mean, like really. It seems like there is a pattern of every 5 years of us getting a new coaster. Always lining up with The Beast's 5 year interval anniversary. BUT, We might see a possibly 50 anniversary coaster for Kings Island in 2022?

• Like 1

Seeing a post from earlier, Why is it silly to think there will not be a new coaster for 2019? I mean, like really. It seems like there is a pattern of every 5 years of us getting a new coaster. Always lining up with The Beast's 5 year interval anniversary. BUT, We might see a possibly 50 anniversary coaster for Kings Island in 2022?

It's not that the thought is silly, it's that it's a bit too early.

Five years from now, the industry could be going through a wave where 500 foot tall pre-fab wooden coasters are all the rage. Or maybe parks are back to building scenic railways. Or maybe a new model will pop up, the way that B&M's Wing Rider did in the last 5 years.

Kings Island might not even be owned by Cedar Fair in five years! We just don't know. It's fun to speculate and imagine, sure... and there are already two threads for that in this same section of the board.

An Intamin Strata or Giga coaster (the OP's suggestion) seems decidedly unlikely no matter which way the park goes or who owns it. ;)

• Like 3

I daresay this.

By the end of 2019, I'd say the chances that the same company that then owns Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Knott's will also own Magic Mountain, Great Adventure and Six Flags Great America are more than 80 percent. Valleyfair, Dorney, Canada's Wonderland, Worlds of Fun and Six Flags America, along with SIX's "partnership parks"-- SFOT and SFOG, may or may not be a part of that consortium.

20 Percent?

Watch Herschend. SeaWorld, Palace. Merlin.

Anything can happen.

• Like 4

Of those choices I'd really hope for a giga over a strata. I don't really get all the hype for the strata coasters. They are fun but the ride is so short, it's just one quick hill. I'd rather have a giga with numerous tall hills to go over and winding around through the woods or something.

But I agree with Hank. There will likely be some new coaster types in that time coming out that could be possibilities we aren't even thinking about too.

• Like 2

Just a quick alteration and...

016_172.jpg

I like it - Call the new "partnership" Seven Flags. Of course, the last flag should be green for "GO" (except on the rides that are always down - then, maybe, yellow? And checkered flags at the end of the day when you're leaving!)

• Like 2

I know its a bit early, but what should it be??? I am hoping for either an Intamin Strata or Giga Coaster.

And avoid odd fonts, small sizes and colors with little contrast.

Some of us are on mobile, some are older. It would be nice to actually be able to read your posts without having to hit the reply button. Fancy is not better.

Or not.

I believe that specific combination of font, size, color, and background results from copying and pasting from the default (KICentral) theme under certain circumstances. I, however, cannot reproduce it on Firefox/Windows 8.