24 Stranded On Joker's Jinx at SFA

^ Joker's Jinx appears to launch significantly slower than Flight of Fear. It's really crawling when it gets to the tallest point of the ride. It appears that it didn't clear that point today.

You be stuck sideways for 4+ hours, then we will see if you still say that.

This IS news. To say it is not is silly.

Does the ride use the same style of Trains as Flight of Fear?

If so.

You be stuck sideways for 4+ hours in this highly uncomfortable train....

Yes, it does.

• Like 2

What I want to know - and I want facts - Six Flags says the ride stopped as it was designed to, for safety reasons. Are there brakes along the circuit, or is that just an answer given by the park to pacify the media and us?

• Like 3

What I want to know - and I want facts - Six Flags says the ride stopped as it was designed to, for safety reasons. Are there brakes along the circuit, or is that just an answer given by the park to pacify the media and us?

When I went on Jokers Jinx over the Fourth of July weekend, I did not see any brakes along the circuit.

The ride is pretty much identical to our Flight of Fear, save for the lack of a midcourse brake and that it's outdoors.

• Like 1

^ No. I do retract my statement about the point it rolled back at being the tallest point of the ride, though--it appears that way from the ride but clearly isn't when you look at some pictures of it. There's the cobra roll, then the sidewinder, then a few turns and a hill before the MCBR. That hill is the one the train is going over in this picture; the train appears to have stalled between the sidewinder and that hill.

• Like 1

Evacuation to this extent is newsworthy.

It does frustrate me that the media will use a park's website defining a ride that is meant to create a thrilling fantasy adventure as use it as something serious and over dramatic.

Agreed but I would guess the park wanted to use that same wording to get people to ride it.

I mean I could talk about how fast and out of vitriol my car is to sound cool but if I wrap it around a pole then people will talk about how fast and out of control it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You be stuck sideways for 4+ hours, then we will see if you still say that.

This IS news. To say it is not is silly.

Does the ride use the same style of Trains as Flight of Fear?

If so.

You be stuck sideways for 4+ hours in this highly uncomfortable train....

I thought it was the Flight of Fear with no clothes on. I guess it's not.

Agreed, I would think that pulling it through would have been safer and quicker. Unless they feel/know something is wrong with a train? Could possibly worn down/out wheels cause a coaster to slow down enough to valley/stall?

I think anytime you have to be evacuated from the ride it is a news worthy story. Either in a "wow this would suck sense" or a "wow what went wrong sense." If you are stuck on a ride for more than 15-30 minutes, I too feel its a news story. Yes a ride may do its job by holding guests in a certain area, but if its doing that for more than 30 minutes, then there must be a bigger reason. If its not, then it falls into the "Wow this would suck/can you imagine being up there" type of news story.

• Like 1

^ When I rode Poltergeist at Six Flags Fiesta Texas last December, it did not seem nearly as slow as Joker's Jinx. Poltergeist also has 6 cars. Of course, we're talking about my perception of speed and not using actual numbers, but there's no point on Poltergeist or either Flight of Fear that seems to crawl nearly as slowly as Joker's Jinx.