Stricker's Grove 8/10/14

coasterfanatic83

Today was my first time in this neat little park. I can see it being fun for families, but I am not the target audience here. However, I had a lot of fun over the span of a few hours, for a great price as well! Some notes:

• Tornado and Teddy Bear are fun little coasters, with a few pops of air on both. What I really enjoyed was the buzz bars. I can't recall ever riding a ride with these as the restraint system, so that was neat. Are they the same style of buzz bars that used to be on The Beast?
  • Electric Rainbow = never again. Those rides make me sick every time.
  • Like I mentioned, it's hard to beat the prices here. $15 for a full afternoon of stuff to do is very nice, especially in this day in age.
  • I smoked the mini golf course like a cheap cigar. If anybody wants to compare scores (especially Goble, who apparently was the champ last fall), I shot a 22 on the front 9 and a 34 on the back, for a total of 56. The hole with the cone for a cup got me, as I shot a 9 on that hole alone!
  • I hadn't played Skee-Ball in what seemed like forever, so that was fun!

Some photos:

eq0z2x.jpg

6psyzp.jpg

2yulxdy.jpg

o5n8te.jpg

2upuzuw.jpg

148onc4.jpg

fp15kl.jpg

Thanks for reading! If you have any comments/questions feel free to comment below.

• Like 8

Most of us on here are not the target audience for Stricker's Grove, but it's still a fun park for a price that's hard to beat. Glad you had fun!

I smoked the mini golf course like a cheap cigar. If anybody wants to compare scores (especially Goble, who apparently was the champ last fall), I shot a 22 on the front 9 and a 34 on the back, for a total of 56. The hole with the cone for a cup got me, as I shot a 9 on that hole alone!

After adjusting that hole for the five-stroke maximum (which we enforced during our little competition) listed on the back of the scorecard, you would have a 52, which would have beaten me by one stroke. I had a 53 that day. Despite this, I will continue to keep the gold banner in my signature until October, because yours is a practice round and practice rounds don't count. Come October, BRING IT! :D

• Like 5