2015 Season Passes

momtowkco

Wonderland's 2014 Platinum Pass price is currently $200 CAD while the other Cedar Fair parks offer it for $200 USD. So if Wonderland is currently offering the 2015 Platinum at $184.50 CAD, I wonder if that means the other parks will charge $184.50 USD this fall.

And as for Gold Passes - Wonderland has never had these. The regular season pass offers the same benefits as KI's Gold (with the exception of parking, which can be purchased separately for $40).

Interestingly, season dining adds $99 to the price of a platinum pass at Canada's Wonderland, but it only adds $84.99 to the price of a regular pass.

To quote Led Zeppelin:

"And it makes me wonder..."

Could we be seeing some changes to the way the dining plan works on a Platinum Pass?

• Like 1

Historically, waits are minimal on these days (except for the Sunday of Columbus Day weekend), so it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

If I can renew at CP and still get KI dining, I might be tempted to renew there (assuming they have a similar "bonus" offer). Sundays in the fall can be very busy at CP.

Here's the unpublished/not-live-yet page with tentative prices....

Looks like $90 for Gold (9 payments of $10) and $184.50 for New Platinum (9 payments of $20.50) or $180 for Platinum Renewals (9 payments of $20).

Edited to correct late night/tired phrasing errors so as to not mislead anyone. ;)

Mod edit: removed link to avoid potential pricing confusion.

^ That may not be the final page. It's not yet linked from the main site, and the passes themselves aren't listed in the Accesso store menu. There seems to be a typo and a missing box as well.

I would highly advise against trying to renew until the page is "live". (It's probably best not to link such pages here to avoid confusion.)

• Like 2

Oh interesting. In addition to the free Fast Lane to be used on Sundays for renewers, they are also going to offer $15 bring-a-friend on Sundays at the end of the season (Sept 21-Nov 2). The clear indication is that we might want to buy Fast Lanes for our friends we bring.

Now I see where the profit-potential of the offer comes from. Not a bad idea, and I would be likely to take advantage of the possibility (if the only person I'd want to take to the park, my husband, actually liked coasters).

Although, it only being three weekends that the two offers (free Fast Lane and $15 BAF), I'm a little worried that the fears of Fast Lanes being longer than regular may turn out to be founded.

Oh interesting. In addition to the free Fast Lane to be used on Sundays for renewers, they are also going to offer $15 bring-a-friend on Sundays at the end of the season (Sept 21-Nov 2). The clear indication is that we might want to buy Fast Lanes for our friends we bring.

Now I see where the profit-potential of the offer comes from. Not a bad idea, and I would be likely to take advantage of the possibility (if the only person I'd want to take to the park, my husband, actually liked coasters).

Although, it only being three weekends that the two offers (free Fast Lane and $15 BAF), I'm a little worried that the fears of Fast Lanes being longer than regular may turn out to be founded.

It is noted that Fast Lane Plus passes are limited in quantify, available on a first-come, first-served basis.

• Like 2

Just noticed on Cedar Points site that they are offering a chain wide All Season Dining Plan.

Can't find it on Kings Islands.

Sure hope its just not posted yet or I can't find it.

Edit:

Looking back, it doesn't appear the KI is offering the Season Long Dining Plan. Interesting.

10524678_10205017463976668_3197704773233

• Like 2

I purchased two separate plans for my family of 6 this year at KI and CP.

Extremely happy to see this added this year. It's a huge money saver!

Would have been nice when we traveled to Dorney, Kings Dominion and Carowinds this year as well.

Checking the other parks sites, it appears that it is only currently being offered for sale at CP only.

Anyone know if I can renew a KI Platinum at CP?

You can, they just have to verify the amount paid on the pass, which should be the same..I've personally upgraded from my renewed gold to Platinum when CP opened up this year, and same with another member here.

But right now, Plat pass, season long dining for all parks, that's not a bad offer. Hopefully it extends through the off season, I have no interest in upgrading atm, still hopefully planning my BGW trip which should happen after my B-Day *crosses finger*

At the moment, Season Long Dining can't be bought at all through the KI website. I expect it will be added back at some point, possibly with the platinum (all parks) version as well.

Unless they aren't going to have it next year. Which would be a shame, because not having it this year sold me on the idea of adding it next year. I was going to renew my pass right away today, but now I'm waiting for the ability to add the dining, or official word it isn't coming back.

• Like 1

It is noted that Fast Lane Plus passes are limited in quantify, available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Thanks Don! Since I'm a bit of a morning person, I guess I shouldn't have too much trouble using mine.

Two related questions:

Has the limitation on how many Fast Lanes will be sold ever been publicized (and is it different for Fast Lane vs Fast Lane Plus)? I heard something like 10% of projected attendance. That's not bad.

Is there ERT for passholders during Haunt?

I was going to renew both my wife's and my pass today with food option. Now not going to rush into it. I have to debate it if its going to be worth the hassle of bringing a 2 year old to the park a lot if I have to leave to go get food or bring food to the car.

At the moment, Season Long Dining can't be bought at all through the KI website. I expect it will be added back at some point, possibly with the platinum (all parks) version as well.

Unless they aren't going to have it next year. Which would be a shame, because not having it this year sold me on the idea of adding it next year. I was going to renew my pass right away today, but now I'm waiting for the ability to add the dining, or official word it isn't coming back.

If it's offered chain wide at Cedar Point, not selling it at other parks would lead to confusion I would think.

• Like 1