Kings Island Pass Renewal Deal

KI FANATIC 37

The problem with one-park tickets is that, not unlike the Hogwarts Express at Universal Orlando, it would require admission gates at the train station(s) and at the walkway past the Picnic Grove, which must be continuously staffed by employees throughout the day, to ensure that persons wishing to go from one park to the other have the correct form of admission to do so. Then you probably want ticket sales booths at those same locations to enable on-the-spot upgrades from one-park to two-park tickets, which means more employees.

It's a lot of expense for what would probably be little benefit. I would love to see the waterpark and dry park become completely separate tickets (not just offer a waterpark-only ticket like you suggested), but it's probably not realistic.

you're probably right.

• Like 1

And thereafter, in Ohio, each day is only guaranteed at the end of a shift.

Ohio is an "at will" state, meaning that either the employer or employer can end the relationship for no reason or for almost any reason without notice.

Posting here, especially about terms of employment, has ended the jobs of quite a few at Cedar Fair parks (not even just Kings Island).

A word to the wise....

• Like 8

I have never bought a Fast Lane pass. There are days I have gone to the park knowing it will be busy and ride a couple of rides. We have gone to people watch, catch shows, just walk around or meet up with friends.

I think the "free" Fast Lane isn't geared towards those of us who frequently go to Kings Island. It is geared more to those who do not typically buy a season pass. Those who go to the park once or twice a year have no doubt seen Fast Lane being an option they may not be able to afford. It could increase sales of season pases as well as sales of Fast Lane bands too for next season. It could be a valuable bonus to them. Many people think the park is busy all the time.

I have been to the park on days that you can ride everything in a day multiple times without a Fast Lane pass and inevitably there are people who have what I consider "wasted" their money buying it. They simply do not realize the park is not always packed. It is giving people an added incentive to buy a season pass.

• Like 1

I have never bought a Fast Lane pass. There are days I have gone to the park knowing it will be busy and ride a couple of rides. We have gone to people watch, catch shows, just walk around or meet up with friends.

I think the "free" Fast Lane isn't geared towards those of us who frequently go to Kings Island. It is geared more to those who do not typically buy a season pass. Those who go to the park once or twice a year have no doubt seen Fast Lane being an option they may not be able to afford. It could increase sales of season pases as well as sales of Fast Lane bands too for next season. It could be a valuable bonus to them. Many people think the park is busy all the time.

I have been to the park on days that you can ride everything in a day multiple times without a Fast Lane pass and inevitably there are people who have what I consider "wasted" their money buying it. They simply do not realize the park is not always packed. It is giving people an added incentive to buy a season pass.

Unless they change it, it is only renewals that get the Fast Lane perk and not new passes (unless they change it). Instead of offering a discounted price for renewals, a renewal and a new purchase are the same price, but the renewal gets the Fast Lane perk.

However, I do agree with with you that I am sure one of the goals of the offer/perk, in addition to driving more renewals early, is to increase Fast Lane sales next year by pass holders; however, IF the season pass holders DO overwhelm the Fast Lane queues with this offer this fall, then I believe it will cause more harm than good and just make the pass holder Fast Lane naysayer's even more vocal, and tick off the purchasers of Fast Lane on Sunday's in the fall if the Fast Lane queue is longer than the non-Fast Lane queue.

At the end of the day, we have to assume that CF management played devil's advocate on this perk as we have been doing in this topic and either feel it will not be an issue or "rolled the dice" to see what happens. I do hope that come November 2nd, all of our concerns did not come to fruition and this was a great promotion to keep the parks profitable and sustainable.

• Like 1

For those interested or too lazy to get to the KI website - RENEW a season pass before 11/2 and receive one Fast Lane Plus to be used on one Sunday in the fall of your choice (9/21, 9/28, 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, 11/2), subject to availability. They also added bring a friend day for $14.99 for up to 4 friends on these Sundays (which would encourage Fast Lane purchases by your friends IF you cash in your perk that day).

So, the good news is this should prevent the Fast Lane line being longer than the regular line since it is part of the daily max of Fast Lane's issued. Bad news is depending on when you go, if the quota is met before you get there, you may not receive such perk.

• Like 2