2015 at Coney Island:

westcoaster

Guest dtk1376

They just added a new thrill ride this year, which is something extremely rare for the park to do, so the speculation is understandable. But I say at the best, we may see some new picnic tables in the picnic grove area. :)

In a couple years, there should be a Chance Hyper GT-X available pretty cheap that would EASILY fit in the park!

Hey, I can dream, right?

I'm going to guess the dimensions of the coaster, fit for a King?

Coney has been adding new stuff pretty much every year recently. They added Wipeout this season. Last year, we got Como Cruisers, which replaced the Bumper Boats. 2012 there was no major addition, but Coney spent money upgrading the picnic grove, and adding new things like a new rides ticket booth and rides office. 2011 saw the addition of Swing-A-Round. 2010, they didn`t add anything major, but that was because the park added Twister in 2009, which cost close to $2 million.

Heck, they even have added a nice new Coney Island sign when entering the park from the picnic grove parking lot this year. They literally jsut added that sign within the last couple of weeks.

I have heard several rumors about what Coney could be getting next year. I`m not going to go into details just yet, until I hear something more substantial.

Needless to say, it sounds like Coney will be adding something next year. At this point, I don`t know if it will be a wet something or a dry something. Stay tuned.

I would love to eventually see a wooden coaster from the Gravity Group at Coney. Maybe one day. Heck, I will probably still be working there then.

• Like 3

Coney has been adding new stuff pretty much every year recently. They added Wipeout this season. Last year, we got Como Cruisers, which replaced the Bumper Boats. 2012 there was no major addition, but Coney spent money upgrading the picnic grove, and adding new things like a new rides ticket booth and rides office. 2011 saw the addition of Swing-A-Round. 2010, they didn`t add anything major, but that was because the park added Twister in 2009, which cost close to $2 million.

Heck, they even have added a nice new Coney Island sign when entering the park from the picnic grove parking lot this year. They literally jsut added that sign within the last couple of weeks.

I have heard several rumors about what Coney could be getting next year. I`m not going to go into details just yet, until I hear something more substantial.

Needless to say, it sounds like Coney will be adding something next year. At this point, I don`t know if it will be a wet something or a dry something. Stay tuned.

I would love to eventually see a wooden coaster from the Gravity Group at Coney. Maybe one day. Heck, I will probably still be working there then.

That's what I was kind of saying. Not that they wouldn't add anything, but sometimes capexes are done in areas that are less marketable. 2008 was my favorite year ever for KI, but there was no new ride. They had to do other things to draw attention to themselves... and boy did they. 2013 saw the addition of the Reds HOF Grille. You never really saw TV placements for it or anything like that, but it added a much-needed element to the park.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

An insurance matter and a safety issue.

Coney actually owns the two lots across Kellogg from the park (The lots that straddle Sutton). They do allow people to tail gate for some concerts in these lots. Jimmy Buffett comes to mind immediately, where they start getting the tropical drinks flowing early in the morning on those days.

• Like 2

I'm sure that would be a great business model for Coney Island, let's let people all drink in our parking lot to the point where liabilities come into play, have these said patrons bypass our park not buying one single thing because they're already boozed up and full of food from their tailgating, and then get to pay the staff to clean up the parking lot after the concert from all the garbage these tailgaters left behind. I can just see the money raining from the skies.

</sarcasm>

• Like 3

Keep in mind that the current arrangement with Riverbend, does provide some money to Coney. After all, most concert goers to Riverbend are parking in Coney`s parking lot Few realize that concert tickets at Riverbend have a "Facility usage fee" which in part includes the parking fee money. They charge on the ticket and not at the lot, to speed cars getting into the parking lots. Additionally, Coney runs the concession stands over at Riverbend.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...