King Cobra trains and Flight of Fear

Magenta Lizard

I was talking to a guy at Flight of Fear (another single rider I shared the front seat with), and he mentioned that the trains from King Cobra were stored along the perimeter of the FoF building.

It was the first I had heard this rumor, but it didn't seem improbable.

Has anyone else heard this? Seen them during a rare lights-on ride? Etc?

Related to this, has anyone else noticed something along the brake run of Flight of Fear? I keep seeing something to the left of the train at the beginning of the run that looks to be about head level if someone were standing on the walkway there. The first time I thought it might actually be an employee's face. It's so quick and dark I haven't been able to figure out what it is, beyond determining it isn't a figment of my imagination.

I just checked my photos from the FOF tour at last year's KIC Revival event, and I do not have a picture of King Cobra trains. That does not necessarily mean that they weren't in there; it might just mean that I didn't take a picture of them.

• Like 2

The King Cobra trains used to be stored in Flight of Fear's ride building. If memory serves me correctly, they went to Kings Dominion around early 2010, presumably to be used for spare parts for Shockwave.

Somewhere around here, there's a topic from that time period that, at least at the time of its posting, had a picture of the King Cobra trains at Kings Dominion.

• Like 10

The trains have, to my knowledge been moved.

However, at least as of KIC day on June 15th, 2013, the Flight of Fear building did house a few seats from The Crypt, some lift chain that could have been from anything really (maybe King Cobra, but it could be Vortex's old chain that broke, a chain that was replaced from another ride, etc.

Also, contrary to popular belief, Flight of Fear's track is painted black, not silver. Beneath the black paint is yellow primer. I suppose I can share a few pics too.

993782_616809885003329_1838105472_n.jpg?

988232_616810015003316_2114073235_n.jpg

And my personal favorite:
1002431_616809905003327_1310398090_n.jpg

• Like 16

Yesterday, I again ended up in the front seat with a talkative person, while waiting for Drop Tower's drop. And he mentioned the same thing to me, about King Cobra's trains being stored in the building. Thanks to asking you guys, I was able to tell him they had been moved.

He was a pretty charming kid, excited about coasters. Still a little young for the boards, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him here in a few years.

• Like 9

I was sitting in the front seat of Flight of Fear, and had extra time to chat because we were waiting for Drop Tower's drop. (I know Gator understood what I actually meant and was just giving me a hard time about my lack of clarity)

They phone between the two rides so they aren't trying to pull electricity to launch FoF at the same time they are pulling electricity to stop Drop Tower. I don't know if this is something they've always done or if it is in reaction to the fried electrical box that killed power to the whole park at one point this season.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...