So if every rumor is true, this is what we are looking at.

SFNE - RMC redo of Cyclone (apparently named "Wicked Cyclone" based on the cached web addresses that seem to be up for the park)

SFGE - Nothing known at this time

SFA - Super Loop

SFGAd - Super Loop

SFOG - Super Loop

SFSTL - Redo of Scooby dark ride with a Justice League theme

SFFT - S&S Free Spin Coaster apparently called "Batman: The Ride"

SFOT - Justice League dark ride

SFGAm - Nothing known at this time

SFLR - Nothing known at this time

SFDK - Super Loop

SFM - Nothing known at this time

SFMM - RMC redo of Colossus

^That is a website I just left, for that and many reasons. I wouldn't go about using Coaster-Net as a resource.

I'm also curious (if this is true) as to why Six Flags is putting in looping carnival rides at their major theme parks. They can't be out of ideas that quickly to resort to that. I'm also reading some likely legitimate rumors that Colossus will go down to a single track instead of remaining a racing coaster, though from what I hear about ride operations at the Mountain, they never run both sides together anymore anyways.

I also figured NJFTP would be getting a coaster next year considering they just lost Rolling Thunder and I feel they're due for a decent coaster.

I think it sounds a bit harsh to criticize them for putting in carnival rides. What makes a Giant Loop any more a carnival ride than a Scrambler or Ferris Wheel? Both of these rides are found at both carnivals and permanent amusement parks; why not a Giant Loop?

I haven't been to Elitch Gardens, but this year they put in what looks to be a park model Giant Loop, Brain Drain. It looks like a good addition to me (sans any maintenance issues they seem to have gone through). A new thrilling flat ride should be a plus for most of these parks. The only bad side I could see is Six Flags claiming the ride is a new coaster. :rolleyes:

I'll give you that one, especially since SFGAdv's flat collection is lacking. The Giant Loop is 7 stories tall, taller than what you would find elsewhere, so I guess it could work out. I recall they tried to install a few flats around the time when Medusa was built which didn't work out so well.

I'll give you that one, especially since SFGAdv's flat collection is lacking. The Giant Loop is 7 stories tall, taller than what you would find elsewhere, so I guess it could work out. I recall they tried to install a few flats around the time when Medusa was built which didn't work out so well.

The lack of flat rides was not true 10-12 years ago. What you where talking about was the "War on Lines" in 1999 put so many new flat rides and roller coasters into the park and SFGAd had a pretty good flat ride collection. But with them buying prototypes, low staffing, difficulty finding some rides and rides being relocated to other parks as "new attractions" they tore down a lot of them from 2004-2008. Another Premier Parks mistake...

• Like 1

Six Flags just took out a moderate reviewed coaster (from what I have heard of it, I have never stepped foot into a SIX park, yet), so I have no doubt that we may be looking at some thing to do with a RMC "woodie"*. As for the rest, hey heck I don't know, Six Flags looks like they could pack in a great year for their parks, and I do hope that they could really bring a hit with this Justice League idea.

*"Woodie" as in hey look ma, no wood!

• Like 3

Spoiler Alert!

Coaster.net reports the ride names for Six Flags 2015:

Over Georgia - Jokers Chaos

White Water - Dive Bomber

Over Texas - Battle for Metropolis

Great America - 40 Seasons

Great Escape - Buccaneer Beach

Magic Mountain - Twisted Colossus

New England - Wicked Cyclone

Great Adventure - Looping Dragon

Fiesta Texas - Batman the Ride

Discovery Kingdom - Dare Devil Chaos

St. Louis - Battle for Metropolis

America - Bourbon Street Fireball

La Ronde - Maison Rouge

Mexico - Sky Screamer

Or...you could have read the thread before posting.

Sigh.

Just above:

Super Loop? Really guys, you are resorting to putting State Fair/Carney rides in your major theme parks????

EDIT:Link to this silliness... http://coaster-net.com/forums/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F12905-six-flags-2015%2F#entry265767

http://www.larsonintl.com/pages/giant-loop/giant-loop.html

See also the post after that:
From an "admin", no less. Ridiculous.

And they wonder why parks don't invite them to anything.

Terp's quoting of posts does not in this case imply...anything.

• Like 6

IF it's true that St. Louis and Over Texas both open DC Heroes dark rides, I think that would be great.

Sally's Justice League: Invasion looks like a fantastic attraction. Dark rides don't have to be for the "kiddies," and a super hero dark ride is one way to make a headlining, awesome dark ride that all can enjoy.

This is just a random thought based off of some recently learned information but.....

What if SFMM plans on keeping (with some repair) one side of Colossus? While turning the other track into a "steel/wood" twisted RMC machine?

I'm just making a guess based on references of "Classic Colossus" and "Twisted Colossus" that maybe a "modern" Colossus will race a "classic" Colossus?

When searching "Magic Mountain Twisted Colossus" on Google, the first result is a page that hasn't yet been released by SIX labeled "Classic Colossus"....

Page preview says, in part, "What do you think of Classic Colossus?"

Classic / Twisted Colossus page is not a live webpage yet.....but...... Here

Just some food for thought.....

See you on 8.28.14.....

• Like 1

This is just a random thought based off of some recently learned information but.....

What if SFMM plans on keeping (with some repair) one side of Colossus? While turning the other track into a "steel/wood" twisted RMC machine?

I'm just making a guess based on references of "Classic Colossus" and "Twisted Colossus" that maybe a "modern" Colossus will race a "classic" Colossus?

When searching "Magic Mountain Twisted Colossus" on Google, the first result is a page that hasn't yet been released by SIX labeled "Classic Colossus"....

Page preview says, in part, "What do you think of Classic Colossus?"

Classic / Twisted Colossus page is not a live webpage yet.....but...... Here

Just some food for thought.....

See you on 8.28.14.....

See: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TAeUhNpXI4YJ:https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special/twisted-colossus/classic-colossus+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

• Like 2

Spoiler Alert!

Coaster.net

Hold on, do you mean Coasters.Net?

(Sarcasm, sorry Goble, I know! And thanks anyways!)

I actually found this site out of pure curiosity, seems old by the texts there.

Now, on the topic of the Super Loop, that is a very odd addition, but it could be plausible. Let's face it, no theme park, or amusement park for that matter, that is perennial and sticks to one spot, has one of these. But at the same time, is this really a bad move? They are actually interesting, and if large enough, could pack a thrill that would suit the SIX method.

Heavens to Betsy I hope we get something jolly fun in the likes of a ferris wheel or tunnel of love. Something high falutin like those scallions at Six. Perhaps a soda jerk or a penny arcade even...one with those flip action view scopes with the purdy ladies. I'm gonna start saving my coppers.

• Like 4