It is a little hypocritical that many of us rally behind parks getting flat rides, then lambaste the park for adding one that isn't "right" for whatever reason. No, they're not coasters by most definitions. Who cares? I'll never get the whole "is it or isn't it?" question because other than those of us who like to keep track, who cares?

I'm guilty of it, too. I probably wouldn't ride these Super Loop rides (not because I deem them unsafe or cheap or anything, but because I'm not the target market) except maybe once to say I did. But they're fine flat rides I guess. It IS weird since they're so synonymous with carnivals but oh well. People will like it. That's what counts.

• Like 2

I happen to like the S&S towers. And from what I have seen, so does the GP.

I think that the Super Loopers, or whatever they are called, are good, cheap installations. A few of these parks installing them may be getting what enthusiasts would call "legitimate" additions in the following year. I've been on one of the smaller ones at either the Jackson Apple Festival or the Pumpkin Festival in Milton when I was in the high school band. I took my girlfriend on that ride and she was so terrified, that she began to cry once we got going. I had to keep telling her that it wasn't that bad. I had been on more intense coasters at KI and that was back in the 80's. I had probably been on Vortex and Beast by that time. So, even though it seemed a little on the tame side to me, she was scared senseless. I thought it was fun, but not terrifying.

Well- having taken a nap and thought some more, as well as read some discussion, I can add a few more thoughts:

On The Mega Loops: Upon further thinking, I can KINDA see the point behind these additions...barely. I remembered these go back and forth and all that, where a regular coaster would just go through its loop and be done. And these are still fun rides. Still, I would have gone for something else- do the parks getting these have Frisbees? If not, then I'd add one of those instead, for example- does not have to be giant, either. I still have to question how popular these will be.

Also, on the "big new coaster" thing, I was mainly thinking when was the last time Six Flags made a large, expensive coaster that wasn't RMC, and 2012's X-Flight was what came up. To be honest I expected a B&M Wingrider in this announcement at some point...but nope.

The only other thought, as I thought about the RMC woodies again: At least Six Flags and RMC figured out you can have different colors for your track besides red. Which I welcome- BTW RMC if you do any more "natural" colored woodies again, go with brown or black track. It'd look way better and would actually look more "wooden".

^
I'm also pretty sure that's gonna happen at this point. I have to wonder if Six Flags spent all their 2015 budget on the RMC Woodies and those Justice Leauge Dark Rides (among others), and thus had to buy a bunch of fairly inexpensive Mega Loops so they could continue their "a new attraction every year at every park" thing they have been doing.

Reminds me a bit of the later Paramount Parks years (post-Son of Beast & TR:TR) as far as additions go...nearly everyone got something, but it seemed no one got anything truly massive. Thought at least with Six Flags you have the RMC Coasters...

^
It is basically, from what I can tell, a Mobius Loop Racing Steel Coaster with wooden supports. And you apparently go around twice during one ride, once on each side. Which, TBH, is a really cool concept but I hope capacity is not too big an issue.

Whoa, yeah, wait... I just now read the whole mobius Twisted Colossus. Do we have more information on this? A racing coaster that you go through twice, once on each side?

Mobius coasters are a thing, but they don't go through twice... What's the point? And oh my, capacity.

• Like 1

Something to Ponder is this the future of WOOD coasters, could The Beast, could The Racer get this Iron Horse treatment, just think Holiday World? Will we still have classic wooden coasters, the Iron Horse treatment has to be better for maintenance and upkeep.

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/attractions/twisted-colossus/classic-colossus

^

It is basically, from what I can tell, a Mobius Loop Racing Steel Coaster with wooden supports. And you apparently go around twice during one ride, once on each side. Which, TBH, is a really cool concept but I hope capacity is not too big an issue.

I am thinking it is a Mobius Coaster too. Don't know if it goes through each side in one cycle. In one of the videos it showed another set of trains on the tracks, so that'd be hard to figure out which two had passed through the station twice.

Whoa, yeah, wait... I just now read the whole mobius Twisted Colossus. Do we have more information on this? A racing coaster that you go through twice, once on each side?

Mobius coasters are a thing, but they don't go through twice... What's the point? And oh my, capacity.

Not much is out there from what I've seen. Which makes me sad. I think they were marketing more toward the WOW factor versus here's the facts. Which, sometimes is cool but other times, not so much.

The video shows that it is a single track, using the left side of the lift hill about halfway through the ride.

If they really wanted to time things right, they could possibly do an, umm, 'reverse stack'. (Kinda like how TTD or Maverick send a train ahead of the station but not advancing up the hill.) Even if they take an extra minute to load the train, the computers can figure out the rest.

That was the first thing I noticed about the track length. Ride time as well...

It scared me at first as I thought it might rival The Beast. Ha ha. It doesn't. Although in fun...it might. Not at night though. Even having never rode it obviously.

Or...Holiday Rode it...

Holiday ro-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Holiday r-o-o-o-o-o-oad.

• Like 1