Carnival Games (Video)

Guest dtk1376

The games are setup to make you have to play them over and over again to get it just right to win, by the time you get it right you've already wasted too much money. Hence why I have never learned how to win any of the games. Although on slow days I can usually get a small prize from one of the water pistol games if I play against my daughter (of course I let her win lol), and the cost of the two games paid for usually is cheaper than buying the gift in the gift shop.

• Like 1

I've won every game except for the ring toss game at Kings Island. Most are easy. Games at large amusement parks I know are not allowed to have games that are not winnable and if they are they can have heafty fines. There was one game when I worked at Kings Island that was pretty close to not being winnable but from time to time someone won. They removed it before the end of the season because it was so difficult.

Games take skill.

Every game at Kings Island is winnable. They just take skill.

Few games at Kings Island are chance. Like Ring Toss and Goblet Toss. Most games (like Peach Basket and Bank-A-Ball) take skill.

It angers me to see videos like the one posted here because it basically says they're impossible when they're not.

The biggest game at many parks is also winnable, sorta. Like most park games, the house always wins in the long run.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, step right up and watch, say, Kings Island install a huge, brand new, spankin' coaster, a wonderful new really big shoe, plants and landscaping, pay its ride ops and games employees and pet tenders and managers and sich, pay taxes and utilities, pay dividends, pay interest and loan payments and take depreciation off the books and pay its executives multi-millions. And show EBITDA figures and profits to impress the street. And re-invest in the properties to repeat the cycle.

Now, you, as a customer, just try to pay the lowest admission price (be it at Kroger or on the web or at your company or church or club--or a one day, group or season admission--or regular, gold or platinum pass). Consider parking. Consider what and where to eat? In the parking lot? Outside the park? Before you go? Afterwards? How to pay? Season long? Drinks all day? Souvenir cup?

Stand in line? Fast Lane? Sunday?

Bring a friend? When?

Don't forget the midway games. You can win a prize. Maybe. Do you play? Is it worth the animal? For whom?

You can win. The experience IS worth paying for. But how much? When? How?

It's like buying an airline ticket. But worse.

It's heading to Disney proportions, about which whole books are written. And revised.

It's magic.

But for whom?

• Like 2