Tony Clark: "major announcement on 9/2 at high noon"

Prostate exams for all (well half of us anyways), courtesy of CF? ;)

Seriously, I do wonder if all of the thumbs up in the tweet (first one) means anything or if the "high noon" part of the announcement means anything. I can't imagine that its "too major" seeing that it comes on a day when the park is closed. If it was a major new coaster of sorts, I would think they'd set the announcement a week or so back to help push season ticket sales for 2015 thru labor day weekend. Guess we'll find out either way in a few days.

• Like 1

My guess based off of tweets made early in the season and some interesting paint on one of the rides is.

Mantis to get the Floorless conversion. This is a bit of wishful thinking though as I have some ill will towards that ride as it stands.

• Like 3

I'm hoping for floorless trains on Mantis too. I enjoyed it for a while, because the only stand-up coaster I had been on was King Kobra. B&M took the concept and ran with it. But now, I'm over the novelty of it and I would like to see it become a more enjoyable experience.

Plus, if it gets new trains and a re-paint, that's marketing heaven.

I don't see Cedar Fair working with RMC anytime soon, nor do I want them too. Keep the wooden coasters wooden. Keep the steel, steel.

I am guessing a Floorless Conversion on Mantis. If anything I've heard from a source in the park, whether true or not, Mantis will be closed after Labor Day. I can also see a Dark Ride happening finally.

• Like 5

I think a large part of 2015 has to do with improvements along the Frontier Trail. It's the only area in the park in recent years that has not received upgrades. My only hope is that the black top goes, and the natural shade stays :) . Other than that, I'd love to see a dark attraction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see Cedar Fair working with RMC anytime soon, nor do I want them too. Keep the wooden coasters wooden. Keep the steel, steel.

I am guessing a Floorless Conversion on Mantis. If anything I've heard from a source in the park, whether true or not, Mantis will be closed after Labor Day. I can also see a Dark Ride happening finally.

I would rather have a coaster that is good than have a bad coaster just for the sake of tradition.

• Like 6

I would rather have a coaster that is good than have a bad coaster just for the sake of tradition.

I'm not saying, I don't want say Mean Streak re-done or another rough wooden coaster re-done. I'm saying, I don't want RMC to come in and make Mean Streak something like Meaner Streak, a "hybrid" coaster. If they completely change the wood out,add a steel track and a new layout, it's no longer the previous ride. Will I ride an RMC coaster, sure....but I'd rather it be from the ground up a new idea rather than billing it as a previous ride that's been refurbished. If that makes sense.

• Like 4

Even though this will never happen, I would like to ride Mean Streak with the drop trim de-energized, and the mid-course trim reduced. My honest thought is that, with those two things done, the train will have enough speed/momentum to not shuffle like it does and actually make the ride smoother and more comfortable. Yes, yes, I know about the trims being there to reduce maintenance costs etc etc. Ive heard that horse beaten to death so spare me the lecture or "expertise". I know this way of operation is not possible for that reason, but I truthfully find Mean Streak "tolerable" as-is and would Love to see if its even rideable sans-trims.

• Like 2

You can ride without the trim by doing a certain thing..I wouldn't advise..but it actually is a much more fantastic ride that is almost a very enjoyable coaster. It stays on the rails the whole way except for the last turn before the safety brake.

I still say I want the Blue Streak trains on Mean Streak however, and fresh graphite on the rails.

I'm not saying, I don't want say Mean Streak re-done or another rough wooden coaster re-done. I'm saying, I don't want RMC to come in and make Mean Streak something like Meaner Streak, a "hybrid" coaster. If they completely change the wood out,add a steel track and a new layout, it's no longer the previous ride. Will I ride an RMC coaster, sure....but I'd rather it be from the ground up a new idea rather than billing it as a previous ride that's been refurbished.

Mean Streak's structure is much more impressive than the current ride experience. I'd love for it to incorporate a great ride, whether it's wood or steel.

After the success of the new "wooden" coaster in Illinois, an answer from Sandusky in the not-too-distant future wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

After the success of the new "wooden" coaster in Illinois, an answer from Sandusky in the not-too-distant future wouldn't surprise me.

Perhaps this is only my opinion, but retrofitting an existing structure with new RMC track does not a truly "new" coaster make, despite what the endless stream of RMC propaganda courtesy of Six Flags would like to have me believe, so I don't think an RMC'd Mean Streak would be nearly as well received.

To be honest, if they were to do something with RMC (which I hope they don't,) I'd rather they just tear the whole thing down and build a new one in its place, although I sincerely doubt that will happen any time soon.

Yeah I would have no problem RMC'ing Mean Streak and advertising it as a "new" ride, because in nearly all aspects of ride experience it WOULD be a completely new ride. In fact, I can't think of any coaster built from the ground up that I would rather have more than a new RMC, built from scratch or not. I've yet to go on one, but they look incredible and I hear nothing but great things about them.

Is Iron Rattler at all that similar to Rattler?

New Texas Giant to Texas Giant?

Medusa Steel Coaster to Medusa?

From what I've heard about them, hardly.

According to the Six Flags announcements, RMC is EXCLUSIVE to Six Flags. That is not to say it will hold true forever, but that's what the ads say.

Thank you for making me feel like I didn't imagine that. All this talk about something that won't happen any time soon was making my head spin.
  • Like 2

HOWEVER.....that doesn't mean that another coaster company couldn't come up with a similar "twist" on things.

My guess would be a new coaster similar to Six Flag's Batman The Ride - only bigger. Besides, room is scarce at the Point!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you're going to close a wooden roller coaster for future expansion, at least have the decency to tear the whole thing down and build something entirely new in its place.

The way I see it, the Six Flags method of closing woodies and then desecrating their corpses is highly morally reprehensible.

Are these RMC "cyborgs" objectively good rides? Probably, but I just can't get past the fact that they were - and still could be - something completely different (and a lot more in line with the designers' original intention.)