Tony Clark: "major announcement on 9/2 at high noon"

I noticed a rather weird prediction by the article TheBEASTunchained posted.

Speculators believe the Mantis will be redone so more comfortable floorless coaster trains can be installed and its entrance moved to the Blue Streak midway.

*Italicized for emphasis.

Unless Cedar Point wants to pride themselves in having, quite possibly, the longest queue ever, I think it's safe to call this false.

• Like 10

I noticed a rather weird prediction by the article TheBEASTunchained posted.

*Italicized for emphasis.

Unless Cedar Point wants to pride themselves in having, quite possibly, the longest queue ever, I think it's safe to call this false.

Cedar Point does like breaking records.

• Like 7

I think B&M is still pretty well represented at Cedar Point, especially with the addition of Gatekeeper. Raptor may not be better than Banshee, but it's still a wonderful and enjoyable ride. Also, B&M stand-up coasters were all the rage when Mantis was built. Now, it's like a fad that has severely lost it's popularity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, that was a lot of hype about absolutely nothing. Are they removing it? Converting it? Changing the name? How many more weeks until we get an actual announcement? October 19th?

"Ever wonder why you're not supposed to stand up on Mantis?"

That, to me, gives you the answer.

They're trying to get the media to run the story twice: once saying that 'Mantis gets squashed' and another when they announce the presumed floorless conversion with a new name.

• Like 1

Also, the ride itself is still in good shape. I really doubt they'd tear it down.

I know for sure I'm in a minority on this, but I rather liked Mantis the way it currently is. Mind you, I do have to ride it early in the day as my legs turn to Jello if I ride it later in the day after all the walking, but I rather enjoy it. However, I'm a huge fan of floorless coasters too, and having one back in Ohio after Dominator left for Kings Dominion will be nice.

• Like 4