Tony Clark: "major announcement on 9/2 at high noon"

I hope this conversion of Mantis to Rougarou is so popular.

Cedar Point will tap B&M to change the trains on Magnum too.

Like B&M did with Morgan's Steel Dragon 2000.

http://vhcoasters.com/?attachment_id=1099

Please no. Mantis was uncomfortable (for me at least) and the popularity seemed to be waning for it while Magnum, on the other hand, (again in my opinion) is very enjoyable and still very much a fan favorite. So I don't think it would be a sound investment to swap out Magnum's trains since it still is very much loved by many. Also, how many guests would notice a new train on Magnum versus a completely different riding experience with the change of Mantis.

• Like 1

But is it a new credit? :P

I would not count it as a new credit. You could say the same thing about The Beast with 4 row cars and now converted into 3 row cars. Is it a new credit?

That's completely different to me. While it may be the same layout you're putting an entirely new train on the track that will change the ride experience. With The Beast the change doesn't really mess with ride experience.

Here's how I look at it: no, it's not a new credit.

Imagine when The Racer had buzz bars and no headrests. Did the two incarnations offer significantly different ride experiences? Yes. But does it justify a new credit? No.

If the physical track that the coaster is riding on is the same or essentially the same, it's not a new credit.

Here's how I look at it: no, it's not a new credit.

Imagine when The Racer had buzz bars and no headrests. Did the two incarnations offer significantly different ride experiences? Yes. But does it justify a new credit? No.

If the physical track that the coaster is riding on is the same or essentially the same, it's not a new credit.

With The Racer though......The headrests and buzz bars may have changed but you were still sitting down, in essentially the same train.

With Rougarou and Mantis, a completely different type of train is being used.......Completely different.

Keep that in mind.

• Like 3

Replace The Beast's trains with standing ones. Paint it white, tear down the trees, rename it. Same ride? Same credit?

Replace The Bat's trains with inverted, non-swinging ones. Paint it green, build a fake mountain around it. Rename it Forest Peak Express. Same ride? Same credit?

Replace Mantis's stand up trains with sitting, floorless ones. Re-paint, re-plant, re-name, re-theme. Same ride? Same credit?

At the end of the day, you count it the way you want to count it. Who cares how you do it?

It is an interesting concept. But when does something cease being what it was and becomes something new.

Many people will buy a classic car, yank off the id plates, strip the car down to the frame, rebuild the frame, then rebuild the entire car using new or remanufactored pieces, slap the original id badges on the car, and claim it as the same vehicle....

I will say its a different ride because the park states it's a different ride. The experience will be different and that's enough for me.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...