So what woodie at Kings Island would you want to get an RMC treatment?

Oldschool75

RMC can have Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown.......and all the Dippin' Dot carts, too!

IF (and I know that "if" really doesn't apply here because NO ONE at Cedar Fair is that stupid) any work were to be done in the way of modifications to any of our woodies, the general public would just go along with it - like lambs to the slaughter. Only people like us would be upset.

I firmly believe that this RMC treatment stuff is just a fad, like stand-ups, floor-less, suspended, and other one-trick-pony coasters. Add fun (and I don't mean FUN) to a design and you'll have a winner.

(This is strictly my opinion, even though I'm right this time)

• Like 1

Considering all of the wonderful things I've heard about RMC coasters from people who have actually ridden them, I have a feeling that this technique is certainly not just a "fad", but will become a timeless popularity for years and years to come...

Until people get tired of it - hence, calling it a fad. When something becomes so routine, it also becomes stale.

Like I said, put fun into new coasters and you can't go wrong.

I have no qualms with RMC coasters really. Where I DO have an issue is in the way they are often marketed (something which RMC may or may not have a hand in).

Outlaw Run is simply not a wooden coaster. Nor is Goliath. That isn't a bad thing, but they run on a steel track, and by all accounts, do not ride like woodies.

By my classification, there is only one inverting wooden coaster in the world right now, and it is located in the great state of Wisconsin.

• Like 2

I have no qualms with RMC coasters really. Where I DO have an issue is in the way they are often marketed (something which RMC may or may not have a hand in).

Outlaw Run is simply not a wooden coaster. Nor is Goliath. That isn't a bad thing, but they run on a steel track, and by all accounts, do not ride like woodies.

By my classification, there is only one inverting wooden coaster in the world right now, and it is located in the great state of Wisconsin.

If RMC coasters are wooden coasters, so are Gemini and Adventure Express...... RMC coasters are every bit as wooden as The Voyage is steel!

• Like 1

Too bad they didn't RMC SOB.

Just imagine them getting to use the whole beginning part of the ride, like the lift hill, and then after the loop be able to REMOVE ROSEBOWL COMPLETELY.

After some of my rides on Son of Beast, I feel typing that last part in caps was called for.

If so much money was spent to try and improve/modify SOB, why not just just scrap that part of the track and then add a new simple ending?

• Like 1

Too bad they didn't RMC SOB.

Just imagine them getting to use the whole beginning part of the ride, like the lift hill, and then after the loop be able to REMOVE ROSEBOWL COMPLETELY.

After some of my rides on Son of Beast, I feel typing that last part in caps was called for.

If so much money was spent to try and improve/modify SOB, why not just just scrap that part of the track and then add a new simple ending?

I have a feeling that Rocky Mountain looked at SOB and couldn't guarantee a quality ride out of it, and that played a part in why it wasn't salvageable.
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

It would be cool if they brought back SOB, with an RMC makeover. Then this time put it back in Rivertown or Coney Mall near The Beast but still in its own place. I always thought it would be cool if they were close to each other but that's just my thought :)

SOB would have been perfect for a whole makeover. Add in a new loop effect, some corkscrews, some Top Gun stalls in the roses. That would have been an incredible coaster; that is if it were redone completely and then safe.

I like the idea of a new RMC instead of a conversion. Located in Rivertown, its layout flying through the forest like Beast, but not actually interacting with Beast, to let it keep its isolated feel. Assuming they have enough land and are able to do that.

• 1 month later...

RMC The Vortex.

I don't know how this would work, but there is great plot of land there with woods. They could use the hill pretty easily but it maybe more challenging to use the steel pillars. If anyone could do it. It would be RMC... The name "The Hunter" sounds like a good coaster to go near The Beast.

As for Woodstock I would love some trains I could fit in comfortably.

• Like 1