So what woodie at Kings Island would you want to get an RMC treatment?

Oldschool75

I GOT IT!

RMC Adventure Express. 

But seriously it would be neat, not that AE is a bad ride or a rough ride but it could be a fun improvement. Or just keep the original layout, add topper track, and extend the coaster. like a family beast. Maybe if it goes well keep adding on to it with expansions every so many years. Trust me there is a ton of unused land that way, with some good hills. They could have a very fun coaster an never have to build very far off the ground. That means cheaper to build...so more expansions :D

• Like 1

Build a woodie up from scratch, #normc

How would the park do it?

1. Design and build in house.

2. Outside designer and build in house.

3. Outside designer and outside builder

Side note: Would GCI ever approve of running Millennium Flyers on a ride they didn't build or design?

• Like 2

Adventure Express is not a wood coaster and not a candidate for Topper track.

No it's not a wood coaster, it's a hybrid. I was just thinking a new track altogether would improve the ride experience. So Topper track, and add wood under that, or I-Box track. I just like the look of topper track over I-box, at least for Adventure Express.

Adventure Express does not roll on wood track, and therefore is not a wood coaster. It's a steel coaster with wood supports. Just like Gemini and other coasters just like it. You probably could rehab Adventure Express in certain ways, but it'd probably be better to just replace it altogether if you're going to go that route, since that's basically what you'd be doing anyway.

It's the same conversation as Vortex. Anything you could do to "fix" it (outside of replacing trains) is basically replacing it with something new entirely.

And yes, the RMC "hybrids" are steel. I think many call them hybrids just because most are conversions of old wood coasters. The concept of steel track on wood supports however, is very old.

• Like 7

There are plenty of flyers across the world, they definitely had a stride. Also the enthusiast community was desperate for it everywhere too. I remember Pointbuzz blowing up several times during the announcement phase of the year speculating on a flyer. 

I've ridden quite a few RMCs. They're good, but again, I will always take a traditional wooden coaster if it was a traditional first. The Iron Horse deal is botched to me. Take Colossus, it's very sad to see something like it go. Plus again, I'm nostalgia driven for sure when it comes to rides, especially coasters. 

• Like 1

Colossus went years ago. So did the Riverside Cyclone. And The Texas Giant. It's claiming that SFGAm Goliath is a wood coaster that pains me.

Heck, as badly as the Georgia Cyclone is running this year or the Great Escape's Comet was last, bring on RMC and be done with it. Steel, they wouldn't be wood no more.

• Like 1

Colossus went years ago. So did the Riverside Cyclone. And The Texas Giant. It's claiming that SFGAm Goliath is a wood coaster that pains me.

Heck, as badly as the Georgia Cyclone is running this year or the Great Escape's Comet was last, bring on RMC and be done with it. Steel, they wouldn't be wood no more.

It's funny, a certain person on a certain site actually threatened to ban people for disagreeing that Outlaw Run was a wooden coaster. I'm sure you know the donkey's rear of whom I'm speaking.
  • Like 6

Adventure Express is not a wood coaster and not a candidate for Topper track.

Since this is a thread about RMC, I hardly think we need to worry about what does and doesn't count as a wooden coaster. They've established with Goliath, Outlaw Run, and now Lightning Rod that they don't worry with such details.

Just call it what you want, apparently that's how coasters are classified these days anyway.

• Like 3

If Kings Island were to recieve an RMC, they'd most likely build a new one from scratch, but if I had to choose a woodie to get RMC'd, I'd choose Racer. I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm not a big fan of Racer. The only problem is, I'm not so sure RMC could do a lot with Racer because it has a fairly linear layout.​

• Like 1

Huh? If you mean footings, each and every one was removed.

And RMC would not want any associated liability from that coaster. No one would.

I was referring to the very small amount of SOB track and supports that still remain. (As a sarcastic suggestion)

-I take it that no one caught on that I wasn't serious  :wacko: