Mark your calendar!

DonHelbig

Thanks a lot, Wright-Patt Credit Union. I just went to book a room at the Microtel, since they're already running out of rooms for that night, and I got to the end of the reservation process only to remember that WPCU is going to issue me a new credit card with a new number soon, and deactivate my current one on October 22—which is before the night I'm staying. So I can't use that card to reserve the room because I don't know if I can change the card on the reservation later, which means I have to debate between using my Capital One card that has triple the interest rate (and which I only keep for emergencies), or waiting until the new WPCU card arrives and hoping that they don't run out of rooms before then. *grrrrrrrr*

Lights-on are the only way I will go through Haunt! I went through the two tours last year and enjoyed it. The gentleman running the Wolf Pack tour was great and answered questions and pointed out cool tricks. For Madame Toussand's (I think that is the name?), we were rushed through quickly but still neat to see. I would totally recommend it.

And jcgoble3 - they'll let you reserve under one card and charge with another. We've had to do it for work and they don't ever care. Just be clear at check-in which card to charge. Also, if you use a debit card for payment, hotels can and do freeze funds that can be released up to 2 weeks later.

• Like 4

Lights-on are the only way I will go through Haunt! I went through the two tours last year and enjoyed it. The gentleman running the Wolf Pack tour was great and answered questions and pointed out cool tricks. For Madame Toussand's (I think that is the name?), we were rushed through quickly but still neat to see. I would totally recommend it.

It's Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror. Not sure where "Toussand's" came from. :)

And jcgoble3 - they'll let you reserve under one card and charge with another. We've had to do it for work and they don't ever care. Just be clear at check-in which card to charge. Also, if you use a debit card for payment, hotels can and do freeze funds that can be released up to 2 weeks later.

It's a proper credit card. And yes, I've reserved on one card and paid a different way (even with cash) before. I just haven't done so at this specific hotel before.

• Like 1

It's Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror. Not sure where "Toussand's" came from. :)

Haha. Oh that is funny. Thanks! Can I blame it on being a spaz and thinking of this (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2736835/Finally-I-photobomb-Benedict-Cumberbatch-puts-final-touches-Madame-Tussauds-waxwork.html) and the wax figures in the maze?

And yeah, I figured. :) I just spend way more time in hotels than any normal person should.

• Like 3