Cannibal : NEW at Lagoon in 2015

• 3 weeks later...

Figured you guys would be interested to see Lagoon's Video they posted to their YouTube Account:

Also, with the completion of the Reverse Barrel Rolls, Cannibal Officially has 4 Inversions (Inverted Loop, Diving Loop, and Reverse Barrel Rolls). There are photos on LagoonisFun.com of the Completed Track and Barrel Rolls.
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

This thing looks like Maverick on steroids! I almost want to make a trip out to Lagoon JUST to ride this! I'm surprised that a coaster of this scale isn't marketed a whole lot because I barely remembered it was being built up until a few days ago.

• Like 2

This thing looks like Maverick on steroids! I almost want to make a trip out to Lagoon JUST to ride this! I'm surprised that a coaster of this scale isn't marketed a whole lot because I barely remembered it was being built up until a few days ago.

If you follow Lagoon Park on Facebook and Twitter, they have been keeping everyone updated on progress with photos, interviews, and videos there.

I also remember seeing quite a few news stations covering the testing and construction of the ride.

• Like 2

When the Tan Columns and Red Track started to arrive, I started to jokingly call it "Son of Maverick" lol

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The ride looks like fun!  It'll be interesting to see reviews from the well-traveled folks who end up riding this.

The one thing that would worry me is the capacity.  It looks like from the POV posted that you would probably have anywhere from 60-90 second dispatches.  Each train only holds 12 passengers (3 rows of 4 seats), so you're looking anywhere from 480 pph (at 90 seconds interval) to 720 pph (at 60 seconds interval).  That's Backlot Stunt Coaster-ish capacity and pretty low for a headline attraction. 

• Like 4