NEW! Snoopy's Halloween Party

BoddaH1994

From our friend @rachelincincy of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Held in the park's Soak City water park area, the family-friendly event includes a petting zoo, costume contests, trick-or-treating and visits from the Peanuts gang.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/nightlife/recreation/2014/09/05/kings-islands-halloween-haunt-returns-sept-19/15139383/

• Like 9

From the article...

New this year, a special Dog Zone area will be reserved for dog-owners and their pets at Snoopy's Halloween Party with attractions and local retailers offering dog-friendly products and services. The first 1,000 dogs each Sunday will receive a premium item

Wait... they're letting park guests bring their pets into the park? That seems like a small liability. Plus, guests with pets will then find themselves restricted to this sole area and can't visit (or spend) elsewhere at Kings Island... unless they paid the $20 for the Pet Care Center outside the main gate.

• Like 3

My dog would not do well with it. I know how she is traveling, being around people she doesn't know and all the smells would drive her crazy. She's a great dog, but she was a stray when we took her in and she freaks if we are out of the "norm"

• Like 2

Guest dtk1376

It's not mentioned in the article so I will ask, is the rest of the park going to be opened during the kids Halloween event? The press release states that everything for the kids will be taking place over at Soak City. I know last year the rest of the park was opened for it, but they also had Halloween stuff with the Dinosaurs Alive trick-or-treating in the dry side. I'm pretty confident that the dry side will be opened but I thought it better to ask than be sorry when I take my daughter up there promising rides only to be met with a moose saying "Sorry Folks...". (Remember, there is no such thing as a dumb question lol...)

• Like 2

The article states that the kids' event takes place Sat-Sun 12pm-6pm, starting on Sunday, September 21.

According to the park calendar, Kings Island is open to the public during those hours. (11am-1am Sat, 11am-7pm Sun.)

Note that Kings Island is only open in the evening on Saturday, September 20. The kids' event doesn't start until the following day.

• Like 1

This event is really not new. It had a different name and no dogs for the last couple of years. The description in the article describes the exact thing from the last two years. The petting zoo is kind of cool and they have a walk through where kids get little knick knacks from fable characters. Also they had a dj playing inappropriate music which was a bonus. Nothing like club music for my toddlers to dance to. Overall it has been a neat event and you can enter through the Soak City entrance.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My really tall 6 1/2 year old who won't normally ride any of the kid rides or linger in that area longer than it takes to get a blue icecream because "it's for babies <insert dramatic eye roll>" went to this yesterday with my mom. I had my doubts that she would like it because it was geared towards little kids, but she LOVED it. She talked about it all last night and this morning and said it was the best time she ever had at King's Island. I was planning to take her next Friday night for some night rides on the coasters but now she only wants to go on Sundays instead so she can play games and ride ponies for $1. Now I'm excited to go check it out too!

• Like 4

Yesterday we went to the Snoopy's Halloween Party. The youngest in our group was 17. I loved the petting zoo. The goats really like to try to escape (my daughter calls them her escape goats). There are several animals including a very lazy (but adorable) kangaroo that lounged in a bag. It is definitely worth going over to check out, especially if you have younger children.

dd08cdb186e9eeeb098858a70be049d1.jpg

The goat is somewhat agreeable to having selfies taken.

e341dbd4baa34b5847e57833ba4419bf.jpg

• Like 3

The goats are actually awesome. They are very friendly and love to be petted. They are in a small area and get out and walk around. I petted one and it followed me around. One let my daughter keep taking selfies with it. They are probably the best animals I have seen at a petting zoo.

• Like 1