Am I to big for any of the rides at Kings Island?

Tayzetay

I'm kind of worried about going to Halloween Haunt this year for one reason , I've put on a lot of weight since winter of 2013 . I weigh 245-247 pounds I wear a size 18-19 in pants and my thighs are pretty big as for my behind also . I wear a 38 C in bras (yes it matters for some of the rides) and I just wanna know if anyone is around my weight and if they don't fit on some rides at Kings Island cause i would hate to go there and then have to get off the ride because I'm to big ! Please help me !

• Like 2

Nobody can tell you whether you can fit or not, because each and every person, every ride, and sometimes different seats on the same ride are all different. Some rides are least friendly to large thighs, others to large stomachs, and still others to large chests. Your best bet is to try the test seats at the rides that have them (Banshee, Delirium, and Diamondback). These are located at the entrances to each ride. On all other rides, you can ask a ride operator to enter through the exit and test-fit a seat prior to waiting in line.

• Like 4

She would kill me for this but...you sound like my wife's identical twin. That said....

She is able to ride most everything at the park but finds some seats on The Beast and The Racer a little on the tight side because of the divider.

She has never been on Firehawk, Delirium or Drop Tower.

• Like 4

I was your size the last few seasons and understand the worry completely.

I suggest if you have Spanks or girdle wear it. It will help thin out the middle a bit. This season has been the first season in many seasons I have not resorted to doing that.

Racer and The Beast will be snug. The bar only needs to go down 2 clicks from what I have been told.

WindSeeker, Delirium and Drop Tower were ones that I couldn't ride when I was heavier. Outside Delirium is a test seat. If I fit one, I fit all three.

Banshee try row 4. It has a longer belt. I think row 5 also has longer belts, too. Test sea in front of the entrance, too.

Diamondback might be an issue if your legs are very thick. Sit in the test seat outside the line entrance.

• Like 2

I also wear a size 18 and actually weigh more than you and I have been able to ride everything all summer. I usually need some help on Racer with that second click but have not had any issue with any of the other roller coasters (didn't try Flight of Fear, Invertigo, or Firehawk though because my daughter is too short to ride them). The only thing I have really had an issue with is Drop Tower. I'm not sure if it is my chest (about the same as you) or my height since I'm 5'10, but they sometimes have to squash me into it until I feel like I can't breath. If you are riding DT with someone and their assigned seat has an old faded belt and yours has a shiny new red one, make them swap with you. Theres a ton of difference between those new and old belts. One other tip I would suggest... with Diamondback, I tried the test seat and couldn't get the light to turn green with just pushing on it, but following a tip I read on another thread on here once, I tried it again and slammed the harness down all at once and it went to green with no problem. Now I do that every time I ride and it always works. Regardless of what happens, don't let it stress you out and just have fun. :)

• Like 3