Mean Streak

I think Mean Streak has its decent seasons. I don't find it amazing, but it's not the worst ride ever. Blue Streak I actually find to be a lot of fun, and I'm curious to know where you sat when riding. It's definitely a violent ride, but the airtime in the first car usually more than makes up for it, in my opinion.

• Like 3

If you sat on a wheel seat on Blue Streak, I can see how you thought it was rough. Next time sit in the middle of a car, as to avoid this. I've had some really smooth rides on that coaster when doing that.

And I 100% agree with jcgoble3. Mean Streak is pure torture in any seat other than the front row.

• Like 3

^^^ ...both of which are wheel seats.

On Blue Streak, sit in the middle row of an individual CAR (not middle of the train). That way you won't be sitting directly over top of a wheel, and you won't feel the bumps nearly as bad. Trust me, it makes a HUGE difference.

On Mean Streak, I am unable to comprehend how in the world you failed to find the second row excessively rough. Wow. Your definition of "rough" is clearly different from mine.

• Like 4

There have been a few times I've ridden Mean Streak and promised it would be my last. But summer 2013 cemented it. I'm done. Ouch.

Truly horrible, and I was sincerely off the rest of the day.

Like any wooden coaster, the experience differs season to season, month to month, even day to day. But I'm done with Mean Streak. Seriously.

Your experience may differ. And it did! But I know what I felt just like you know what you felt.

On Mean Streak, I am unable to comprehend how in the world you failed to find the second row excessively rough. Wow. Your definition of "rough" is clearly different from mine.

Try the last row of the train.

(Actually, don't.)

Out of my 3 maybe 4 rides on the ride, I rode the back on my last ride and that was my favorite seat!

Try the last row of the train.

(Actually, don't.)

Out of my 3 maybe 4 rides on the ride, I rode the back on my last ride and that was my favorite seat!

My last ride in that row left me with a headache for the next few hours. Nothing else has ever done that.

Considering that you liked Son of Beast enough to put it in your username, your tolerance for such things is probably higher than mine.

As always, individual results will vary.

• Like 5

Oh Mean Streak. Last time I rode it last season with a friend, we both got off with headaches that lasted for most of the day. Rode it once this season and ignored it for my second visit. I want to like it...but eh. Some rides are worth having to ride a certain way to enjoy it. This one is not one of them for me.

I think it is fascinating that this ride (and others) gives such a wide range of experiences and strong feelings.

• Like 4

Why does everyone say this is a rough coaster all the time. We rode it Sunday and it wasn't all that bad. Now Blue Streak on the other hand was the worst wooden coaster I have ever been on!

While I happen to really like Blue Streak, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for saying nice things about Mean Streak. It's my favorite woodie, and I, too, do not understand the hate for it.

It's often lonely in the Dinn fan club. But it's a club that somebody has to be in.

-Homestar92, enormous fan of Mean Streak, Predator, and Thunder Run.

• Like 4

My Mean Streak experience has varied... it's been from not bad (more than 5 years ago) to super-rough (5 years ago) to pretty good (on my June visit). So, I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder and depends on the day. The last time I rode I was thinking of this song quote: "I'm not where I want to be, but I'm not where I used to be" (KJ-52, Brand New Day). This quote sums up how I currently feel about Mean Streak as those last rides were much better than the super rough version of Mean Streak from 5 years ago, but I think the ride's experience could be slightly improved.

Edit: I modified the song lyric because I quoted it wrong

I enjoy Mean Streak as well. Never thought it was too rough. I wonder if people have just gone soft. I don't ever remember hearing how rough any wood coasters are until the last 10-15 years. Keep in mind that I never thought Son of Beast was too rough. A bit rough, yes. Too rough for my taste...no.