Millennium Force track

I also did hear that originally there were indeed supposed to be trim brakes there. That's what the purpose of the items in question were supposed to be, and it's also why there's a straight stretch of track instead of another bunny hill. I don't know why they decided not to add them, but I'm glad they never were.

The presentation of that ride is a shell of it's former self. IMO, that was the last attraction where CF really dove into the overall experience of the ride. From the time you entered the line to the time you left the exit it was a full blown assault on all your senses. Unfortunately, it seems like they could care less about this aspect of their rides now which is a shame because that's what made CF rides stick out more than the others and ultimately, a cut above their competitors.

• Like 5

You mean they couldn't care less.

I miss the dee-jays.

They made Cedar Point and Great Adventure special. Then again, hard to upsell line skipping systems if people are actually having FUN in lines.

I miss the DJs as well. Although I absolutely despise the song "Love Shack," now because of Cedar Point.

• Like 6

I was never really all that interested in the DJ's while waiting in line. Have music playing over some speakers? Fine. I'm not there for a dance party. I'm there to ride rides and converse with the people I'm there with, not looking to be entertained in line.

Music sets a mood. (To most)

Take Banshee for example.

Opening night, with the lights and the music from FunTV, the atmosphere was electric.

Had there been just lights and crowd noise, it would not have been the same experience. That night and that ride might have been one of the best times I have ever experienced in a park.

I always was curious what those booths were for. Now I know!

• Like 2