Walt Disney World Resort announces "Frozen" ride for EPCOT

The plans include a big revamp of Askerhaus (making it bigger, potential Frozen character dining), elimination of some of the Norwegian shops and the addition of the building mentioned above. There is more space than you think between the countries, esp. if you consider eliminating some trees to get to the backstage areas. The EPCOT employee parking extends from Test Track over and past the Mexico pavilion, so Disney has the space to backfill the Norway expansion.

The Frozen $ machine keeps on churning. I can only imagine the scene when I'm there in a couple of months. Last May, I noticed that Disney simply couldn't keep up with demand when I was there. The daily opening crowd at MK JUST for Anna and Elsa was unbelievable. Waits are still 2+ hours w/o a FP+ on 'slow' days. My booking window opens in a week and I fully intend to get into the site at 12:00 AM and book a FP for it. While not an overwhelming fan of the new system (cough cough allow FP+ to be spread out amongst parks daily), I like it enough to take full advantage of it so my kids can do a lot of the things they want with little to no wait :).

• Like 2

I really hope this is as unobtrusive as possibly to the rest of the World Showcase experience. When I'm in World Showcase, I want to experience the world, not some movie I've seen and heard the songs to 10 bashillion times.

There's so many places in Disney World where movie themed attractions are 120% appropriate. Epcot's World Showcase really doesn't seem like an ideal spot to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I dont disagree, but to point to Frozen and say "hey wait" but ignore Belle in France, Alice in the UK, Donald in Mexico, Mary Poppins in the UK, Mulan in China, Aurora in the UK, Snow White in Germany, Winnie the Pooh in the UK, Aladdin and Jasmine in Morocco.... To me putting Elsa and Ana in Norway is not a stretch. You have the characters everywhere else in that showcase.....

I know each character I mentioned has some version of their story originating in the location in which they are having a meet and greet (well, maybe not Donald Duck, but he is wearing a big hat), but Frozen has its story's roots in the Nordish traditions.

I still dont get the hate on Frozen. If you dont like it cool, but I dont get why people have to consistently talk about why its a bad movie. Sort of like why people feel having to bad talk Intamin or or or...

• Like 2

Donald is in Mexico because of the 3 Caballeros attraction/movie.

This is what happens when a country no longer wants to support its World Showcase Representation and get on board with one of the biggest Disney movies of all time. I hear the Disney cruises to Norway have sold tremendously well and yes they are advertised as a Frozen cruise.

Also I would expect the new meet n greet to include the Olaf character that has been included in parades and such. Not to mention he has done some media previews to rave reviews. He will draw larger lines than the sisters. Also with Frozen 2 in the works this franchise is not going anywhere anytime soon.

This gives Disney purists something besides cinnamon rolls to get upset about.

• Like 2

Thanks. Didnt know the 3 Caballeros was a movie. Now that makes sense. So now every character I mentioned has a link back to a movie with its corresponding country/location.

Not sure how you do a Frozen 2. They pretty much wrapped up all of the plot points. Unless you look at the kids of one of the main characters (like LIttle Mermaid 2...)

Personally, I would much rather have a Big Hero 6: 2 or Wreck it Ralph 2 as their appears to be more a build world with those 2 movies (similar to Toy Story).

• Like 2

I keep hearing about Frozen 2, but there really hasn't been an official release from the studio confirming this. There has been confirmation of a Frozen animated Short film called "Frozen Fever" that's showing before the new live-action Cinderella movie that Disney is putting out this year. There have also been some very vague comments by Idina Menzel about voicing Elsa in upcoming projects, however, this was right around the announcement of the "Frozen Fever" short.

Are we really getting a Frozen 2? Who knows. I'll wait until I hear some official info from the studio itself, until then, it's still just speculation. I'm with shark6495 though, give me Wreck-it Ralph 2 or Big Hero 6: 2 any day!

• Like 1

Can Disney really pull off more sequels as good as the Toy Story ones?....THAT is the question...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the Toy Story films are made by Pixar, not Disney. Although Disney does technically own Pixar, those films are made by a completely different studio. So in my opinion, no, Disney could not ever make sequels as good as the Toy Story ones.

I dont disagree, but to point to Frozen and say "hey wait" but ignore Belle in France, Alice in the UK, Donald in Mexico, Mary Poppins in the UK, Mulan in China, Aurora in the UK, Snow White in Germany, Winnie the Pooh in the UK, Aladdin and Jasmine in Morocco.... To me putting Elsa and Ana in Norway is not a stretch. You have the characters everywhere else in that showcase.....

I feel as though the other characters should indeed be elsewhere in World Showcase. Many of Disney's films utilize certain countries as their settings and the fact that these same countries are represented at Epcot just begs for the characters to be better featured.

Adding on to your list, Ratatouille in France, Pinocchio in Italy, Hunchback of Notre Dame and Aristocats in France, and Sword in the Stone in UK. Although there are definitely more we still haven't covered.

• Like 2

Thanks. Didnt know the 3 Caballeros was a movie. Now that makes sense. So now every character I mentioned has a link back to a movie with its corresponding country/location.

Not sure how you do a Frozen 2. They pretty much wrapped up all of the plot points. Unless you look at the kids of one of the main characters (like LIttle Mermaid 2...)

Personally, I would much rather have a Big Hero 6: 2 or Wreck it Ralph 2 as their appears to be more a build world with those 2 movies (similar to Toy Story).

You don't see them much outside of the Mexico pavilion for the same reason you don't see much of Speedy Gonzalez of Warner fame (who first made his appearance around the mid 50s) these days either. The movie was from 1944 when people's perceptions of our neighbor to the south were vastly different than they are today. As for the other characters in the countries, Disney is all about synergies.

• Like 1