High Enforcement Area

diamonbackandbeastlover

Hello again. Today on my way home from school I noticed they now have signs stating, " HIGH ENFORCEMENT AREA." Also they have signs warning to watch for stopped traffic. These signs are posted between the entrances and exits of Kings Island. Be careful guys and if anyone has any other information about these zones feel free to post.

EDIT: also this morning there looked to be a security suv near the start of the zone

• Like 2

I have noticed those signs. I would guess the Mason PD wants to collect some revenue from people exceeding the 45 mph speed limit. Who knows if Mason PD will ticket you for exceeding it by 1 mph or 5 mph. But one thing for sure, it is to draw attention to the increased traffic during Haunt and other Kings Island events and for you to slow down and keep enough distance between you and the next car ahead. If you don't pay attention to your driving, you can come across stopped traffic very fast and risk an accident. I remember back around 2007 when I was working tolls at the south toll plaza, there was a very bad accident around 11am when a person hitting the sauce early caused an accident when he came on stopped traffic at the toll entrance.

• Like 4

I remember last year that the drop off and pick up area was so congested that people were parking their cars across the road and walking across Kings Island Dr. many kids just running out into the street, very scary and I am happy Mason police is enforcing the area, too many reckless kids not paying attention.

• Like 4